Monday, October 22, 2012

Loaded Weekend

Hey friends! I feel like this weekend was stretched out because I had SO much going on, haven't had a weekend like this in a while. Got to see some Bulls, had brunch with strangers, and hung out with my best friends! Let's see, on Friday after work I rushed home to get ready and headed out to pick up my bestie, from there we drove all the way downtown {in 2 hours of lovely traffic} and got to our friends apartment with 30 mins to spare. We had a few adult beverages and then headed to the United Center to watch the Chicago Bulls take on the Minnesota T-wolves. Of course my Chicago Bulls beat the T-wolves and it was such a fun game to watch. Although all my friends got their tickets late and had to sit up in the nosebleeds away from me and my sister, we still met up during halftime and at the end of the game to celebrate the winning. After that we headed back to my friends apartment and made our way home to sleep because I'm an old lady! 






The next day, Saturday, consisted of me waking up early and running a million and a half errands, busy day and I suppose productive too, but nothing exciting. Then came Sunday, I woke up bright and early {ok it was 8 am, but on a Sunday that is early} and got ready to head out to brunch with a bunch of girls I met on meetup.com, I thought the whole situation was going to be awkward, but these ladies are so nice and all around my age range which really helps. They always have fun meetups like pumpkin carving, halloween movies, and girls night. Unfortunately, because they aren't bloggers, no pictures were taken {and I didn't want to be the creepy one with her camera there ready to take pictures with strangers}. Maybe the next meetup I will take some! When I got home from brunch, I was ready for a nap maybe from all the food from the unlimited buffet and that's exactly what happened. Until I had to get up and get ready for my best friend's {from London} sisters engagement party that evening. I was more excited to see my best friend who I hadn't seen since June, even if it was just for the day. The engagement was beautiful and the couple looked gorgeous! Get ready for a picture overload :)!


The beautiful couple!




Goofing off, as per usual!

Strike a pose!


My best friend from London!!

The gorgeous bride-to-be & I

To say this weekend was fun is an understatement. I got to spend time with people I love and meet some new friends along the way. Saying goodbye to my best friend was hard and not being able to see him again until next year will be tough, but thank god for Skype and FaceTime! 

What did you all do this weekend?
Linking up with SamiLeeann, and Dana for Weekend Update!



Toodles darlings!



5 comments:

  1. Your so beautiful and i love your sari!

    Xo

    glammedbytarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing darling! Oh now I really want my very own sari... I'm pretty sure I have some Indian in me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!!

    Stopping by from the link-up.

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a weekend! You look gorgeous in the engagement party photos...of course :) Glad brunch worked out- I'm excited! I can't wait to try some events here!

    ReplyDelete