Monday, January 11, 2016

Weekend Happenings | Golden Globe Awards Fashion

Another weekend came and went just like that folks! I'm sad that it's Monday again, but this is the first week of my new, better schedule where I actually have days off again and no more working weekends...hallelujah!! 

I didn't do a whole lot for this weekend besides celebrating my baby sister's 26th birthday!! Not only was it her birthday, but my cousin sister shares the same birthday with her! Blessed to call these 2 lovies family!


*************************************************************

Yesterday was also the Golden Globes which means the start of award season! I love love love watching all the celebrities walking the red carpet and always look forward to what they are gonna be wearing. I didn't get a chance to watch the actual award show because we went out to dinner for my sister's birthday, but I watched the red carpet and have my picks for best and worst dressed celebs!

:.best dressed.:

Kate Winslet // Amy Schumer // Jennifer Lawrence // Queen Latifah // Amy Adams 

Lily James // Jenna Dewan Tatum // Taraji P. Henson // Emilia Clarke // Jennifer Lopez


Olivia Wilde // Rosie Huntington-Whiteley // Jaimie Alexander // Emmy Rossum // Joanne Froggatt


:.worst dressed.:

Calista Flockhart // Rachel McAdams // Kate Hudson // Cate Blanchett // Rooney Mara

Maggie Gyllenhaal // Melissa McCarthy // Kate Bosworth // Zendaya // Eva Longoria

Brie Larson // Leslie Mann // Alicia Vikander // Regina King // America Ferrera


What are your thoughts? Do you agree or disagree with any of my picks? I'll be curious to see how Fashion Police judges some of the looks from last night!

Linking up with Biana.

12 comments:

  1. yay for sister birthday celebrations! and i'm not gonna lie - i loved kate h and kate b's looks last night. don't hate me! haha. but so many good ones last night it was hard to pick any one fav

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jenna's and Lily's dresses the most! I have to agree with your worst dressed picks. All of the floral/prints were way too overwhelming. Although I don't think it's appropriate for the GG, I think Kate Hudson just wore that outfit to show off her killer abs, and really who can blame her-haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dresses are pretty, well most of them. I think America would have looked great in that dress if it were in a different color, the yellow makes it look sallow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow I totally missed that the Golden Globes were last night until it was halfway over! I'll be stalking looks all day haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had somewhere to go that I could wear a gown haha. Forget them though- you, your sister and cousin all look beautiful in that picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally, 100% agree with your pics! What the crap Leslie Mann?!?!?!? Have a fab week! Happy birthday to your sister and cousin, beautiful ladies as are you! xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was OBSESSED with Jannifer Lawrence's dress!! Looks like such a fun weekend celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun you got to celebrate with both of them over the weekend! I didn't get to watch the Golden Globes but I like all the "best dresses" you picked except the yellow one because that's too much yellow. Maybe I just don't like yellow clothing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty ladies, glad you girls had fun celebrating the 2 birthday girls! I had absolutely no idea the Globes were on last night until after... whoops! And is it bad that I don't know who a handful of the celebs are? :-P

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Kate Hudson, but what the hell was she thinking with that dress?! Yuck! Glad you got to enjoy your weekend celebrating birthdays! So much fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw happy belated birthday to your sister and cousin!! I agree with all your picks except for brie larson and alicia vikander - I thought they looked amazing!! Joanne Froggat looked pretty amazing too in that color! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks - I'm not huge on award shows but love seeing all the gorgeous fashion!

    ReplyDelete