Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Recipe Swap {Apple & Pear Salad}

Hey friends! I recently saw this amazing salad being sampled in the cafeteria of the hospital I work at. They nutrition staff have been incorporating apples since it's the season for it and I love love love it in this application. I'm always a sucker for fruit and citrus in a salad and this recipe is my favorite so far. After sampling the salad in the cafeteria, I asked the nutritionist for the recipe and recreated it for my own lunch this week. It was seriously super easy and all the ingredients were found at my local grocery store. I did tweak the original recipe to be to my tasting, but not by much.

I know, super artsy picture...sorry it was so yummy I started digging in before snappin a pic!


Ingredients:

.Bartlett Pear.
fresh, cored & sliced

.Apple.
fresh, unpeeled & sliced

.Lemon juice.
to prevent browning

.Red onion.
fresh & Julienne sliced

.Lettuce.
spring mix

.Dried cranberries.

.Feta cheese.
crumbles

.Walnuts.
sliced & toasted

.Raspberry Vinaigrette.
to taste


Directions:

..Mix all ingredients together, add Raspberry Vinaigrette to taste..


I told you this is about as easy as a recipe gets. It's super yummy & really filling. I absolutely love filling salads that have flavor to it and this is totally it. The original recipe used almonds instead of walnuts and bleu cheese instead of feta cheese. I'm not a huge fan of bleu cheese which is why I switched it out. I didn't have almonds at home, which is why I substituted the walnuts, I like the sweetest factor they added and they worked perfectly.

Linking up with my favorite girls Kate & Emily for Tuesday's recipe swap!!


Martinis & Bikinis

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, this sounds delicious! I will have to make this for lunch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I'm always looking for new salad ideas to bring for lunch :-D

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great lunch to pack for workdays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this sounds like such an amazing lunch! That raspberry vinaigrette sounds amazing!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete