Monday, May 15, 2017

Weekending | Mentally Draining

Sorry I've been super MIA friends. I was planning on having my cruise recap up and going, but this weekend was something that definitely took priority. What seemed like a super normal weekend, ended up with us requesting all the prayers.

On Saturday night my father-in-law suffered a severe stroke that affected the left side of his brain, which is his main speech function side. He hasn't been able to speak or communicate and is currently in the Neuro ICU trying to recover. We are just praying for a good outcome and recovery for him. He has definitely gone through his fair share of health issues and overcome every single one of them with a huge smile on his face. This is really tough on my husband and seeing him like this is the toughest thing ever. 

If you pray to any God, please just keep my father-in-law in your prayers, he is such a strong fighter and I know he will overcome this hurdle, but it is very hard seeing him like this.


Unfortunately because of this, we didn't really get to celebrate Mother's Day with my mother-in-law, but it made me smile looking on Instagram and Snapchat seeing everyone with their loved ones. I hope you had a fantastic time celebrating with your mom's and loved ones. The person I turned to most during this hard time was definitely my mom. She is always my go to during tough situations and I know I needed to be a strong wife for my husband and our family. Thankful for mothers like her, my mother-in-law and all the strong mothers out there!



*************************************

Linking up with Biana.

14 comments:

  1. Sending all the positive prayers to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sweet friend! sending all the love and good vibes to you and your family. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so incredibly sorry Nikki! Sending lots of prayers your way for your family and your Father in Law to make a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no. So sorry to hear this. Sending you and your husband and his family hugs and prayers. You're in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending hugs and prayers your way, girl! So sorry Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear this! Prayers for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending tons of prayers for your FIL and hoping he can have a smooth recovery! Hugs to you and the hubby xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I'm reading this late but I'm sending a ton of prayers and positivity to your entire family. Xo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no idea! So sorry to hear this and obviously will be thinking of ya'll and sending prayers - hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete