Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekend Happenings

Happy Monday all! I typed Friday 2 times before Monday wanted to show up, my b is it Friday yet?! Well another weekend has vanished quickly and the work week has started up again, I cannot believe how close Thanksgiving is already!! Let's see what I was up to this weekend....

Friday:
My sister and I had gotten a groupon to attend America's Baking & Sweets Show which is a huge deal in the baking industry, but I just wanted to go to discover some new dessert shops and get samples. It was much different than I thought it was going to be, but a lot of fun. The theme of this year was Alice in Wonderland and since this was the first day of the show, all the shops were set up with their sample trays and displays. There was also competition cakes for 2 different themes, the first being Alice in Wonderland cakes and the second being wedding cakes. 

Wedding competition cakes

Alice in Wonderland competition cakes

Another awesome thing that happened at the Baking Show was I got to meet and take a picture with Kathy Wakile from The Real Housewives of New Jersey. She is such a nice person and interacted with the fans and took pictures with everyone that asked. I don't consider her a "celeb", but she's on TV so she is famous!


Friday night, my friend who is in my eyes a really good makeup artist (not professional or anything, but she's working towards that) asked if she could play around with my face and do a possible bridesmaids look (this is also my bestie who is getting married next July). I think she did a pretty awesome job on my makeup and so of course I had to Instagram it and tell y'all about it today.


Saturday:
Saturday was pretty uneventful, I went to the mall and picked up some gifts off of my list for my boss and family members, but man I hope I don't have to go back anytime during the holiday season. The lines and crowds were insane and I forgot how much I don't like waiting around for things. Online shopping and Target will be my saving grace for the rest of my gifts! I did find a super cute LBD at JCPenny for only $20, so that was a super plus!!!

Sunday: 
Again a pretty uneventful day mostly because of this super storm that took place in the Chicagoland area. The winds and rain storms were insane!! I had to unfortunately go into work because I was on call, but luckily got home before the storm really started. Southern Illinois got hit really bad with tornados, but by me there were just crazy winds (living up to our Windy City name) and tons of rain causing flooding everywhere. The Bears football game was just hard to watch after the almost 2 hour weather delay, the field was went and players just kept sliding around everywhere.


This picture of my nephew made my Sunday much better to tolerate though, how could this face not make you happy?!


One more tidbit before I wrap up this post. When I blogged regularly I used to love doing swaps and when I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Party of One I came across a Secret Santa Swap, I was all in. I signed up right on her blog and filled out the google doc so if you want in, hurry and fill it out the last day to sign up for it is November 21st!! 

button




What were you pretties up to this weekend?? 
Linking up with Sami @ Sami's Shenanigans for Weekend Shenanigans!

Sami's Shenanigans


No comments:

Post a Comment