Thursday, December 18, 2014

Best Songs of 2014

Hey guys! So I loved doing this post last year about my favorite songs of 2013. It's nice to be able to recap the year in music, both good and bad. I love music and find it relaxing and soothing for me, so I was excited when Helene had this awesome link up again this year!
 

Best Songs:

Thinking Out Loud- Ed Sheeran

This is my number 1 favorite song forever and ever. I absolutely love this song and like a said a few posts back, this will be my first dance song. Ed Sheeran in my eyes can do no wrong and I need to pick up this guys album asap!

Favorite line:
"Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud"




Blank Space- Taylor Swift

Tay tay did the damn thing with this song. I can't get enough of this song and this video is just hilarious and showcases her personality so well. I know many people don't like her and all that, but I think she's a great role model for young girls out there and I want to be her friend, so there.

Favorite line:
"I can make the bad guys good for a weekend"



Jealous- Nick Jonas

When I first heard this song on the radio I had no clue who it was and when I heard it was Nick Jonas, I was floored. Boy oh boy did he get hot, this song is just so catchy and I love his voice. Who knew he would come so far from Jonas Brothers.

Favorite line:
"'Cause you know I get excited, yeah
When you get jealous too"



Take me to Church- Hozier

This song is just so good and powerful. I may not go to church, but the lyrics to this song are just so deep and make you want to belt out in your car...preferably when it's dark and nobody can see you.

Favorite line:
"I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife"



Uptown Funk- Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars

After listening to this song, tell me it doesn't make you want to just move around and dance like a fool. I love the beat to this because it gives you that old timey, disco beat. Bruno Mars is such an entertainer and he didn't disappoint with this song.

Favorite line:
Pretty much any line, but this one is a winner,

"Got Chucks on with Saint Laurent
Gotta kiss myself I'm so pretty"



Bailando- Enrique Iglesias

This song is so velvety mostly because I think Enrique's voice is like velvet. I love the different beats of this song and love dancing around in the car to it when it comes on the radio.

Favorite line:
"I wanna be contigo
And live contigo, and dance contigo"


(fyi: contigo = with you)


Try- Colbie Caillat

This song hasn't gotten too much airtime in my opinion, but I think it's such a good song. The beat is different than what Colbie is used to and I like the lyrics behind the song. It's sending a great message and it's catchy, what else could you want?

Favorite line:
"You don't have to try so hard
You don't have to give it all away
You just have to get up, get up, get up, get up
You don't have to change a single thing"



Burnin' it Down- Jason Aldean

Oh you badass country cowboy, this song is just a feet tapping kind of song. I love mostly anything that comes from Jason Aldean and this one is definitely at the top of my country favorites.

Favorite line:
"Couldn't sing this song without you if I tried
Let's light it up like it's our last night"



Bartender- Lady Antebellum

This is a band I literally can never get sick of. All of their songs are catchy and never get to that point of annoyance like most songs do. This song has been covered by me in my shower numerous times, so that's how I know it's a favorite hit.

Favorite line:
"Now there’s only one thing left for me to do
Slip on my favorite dress and sky high leather boots
Check the mirror one last time
And kiss the past goodbye"



Leave the Night On- Sam Hunt

If you haven't heard of Sam Hunt until now don't worry, I hadn't either, but boy am I glad I did. He is so stinkin cute and this song is just so good. I can literally listen to this song for hours upon hours!

Favorite line:
"The sky is dropping Jupiter around us like some old train"
 



Since this post was hella long already, come back tomorrow to see what my picks for the worst songs of 2014 were, hint it includes a LOT of Ariana Grande!
 photo MUHsignature_zpsb4f83d4b.png

3 comments:

  1. Seriously loving all of these songs! The Ed, Taylor and Colbie songs are some of my favorites this year for sure! Taylor is killing it with the Blank Space video too!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many good songs on this list. I just recently discovered Take Me To Church and am obsessed with it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your picks!! Thanks for linking up with me!

    ReplyDelete