Monday, July 6, 2015

Weekending {July 4th Edition}

What a long weekend! I had so much fun sleeping in on Friday and not having to worry about work or flying anywhere. Although this weekend was far from relaxing, it was worry free and fun which hasn't been the case for a while. I hope all of you guys had an amazing weekend as well! Also, woohoo for the U.S. Women's Soccer Team beating Japan in the World Cup!!
 
'Murica...
 
Friday like I said, I slept in, but I did manage to catch a movie with my sister. We went to see Inside Out and I absolutely loved it. I thought it was such a cute movie and Bing Bong had me all emotional, love him! I highly highly recommend watching this, even if you don't have kids like me, you would totally enjoy it! Afterwards, I treated myself to a blow out and was absolutely smitten with the results of it. They did such an awesome job and my hair lasted all weekend which was a huge plus!
 

 
Later that evening, my cousins and I headed out for the local festival for some carnival rides, games and bingo!!! We played so much bingo, I'm officially addicted. The pot kept growing each round which made things super competative and exciting. None of us won, unfortunately, but we had a blast! My sister did end up playing a game and winning herself a goldfish, he's adorable and still alive shockingly!
 

  


Saturday (or 4th of July) morning I had to help my bride-to-be bestie with some wedding stuff which took up a big chunk of the morning. Once I got home, my parents and I packed up the cooler and grill and headed out to the festival grounds to hang out before fireworks. We hit up the bingo tent again and lost again. After eating my weight in food and funnel cake, it was time to watch the fireworks. I was really impressed with the display this year and took Helene's advice and tips on how to shoot awesome fireworks pictures, they totally helped and I captured some great shots I think!

 

 

 

Sunday was spent mostly relaxing and doing a little shopping. Shark week started so that's got me preoccupied and I'm excited to get sharky this entire week! Hope you all have a fun and quick week!

Linking up with Biana for weekending!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. You got some great shots of the fireworks!! And a blow out that lasted all weekend -that's pretty impressive!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see Inside Out! Looks like you had a great weekend :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to see Inside Out! I think it looks too fun!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funnel cake and fireworks was part of my weekend too! I'm sorry you didn't win bingo, but the blowout looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great holiday weekend, and your hair came out FABULOUS! I need to treat myself to a blowout soon, and you just gave me the nudge I need :)

    ReplyDelete