Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Wedding Wednesday | Engage-iversary!!

Happy Wednesday friends!! Yesterday marked one entire year since I've been engaged and thinking back on how much has changed and happened in the last year has been so great. Shout out to Jenn who is celebrating her engage-iversary today!!

I figured I would re-share our proposal story because of course it's my favorite story and makes me incredibly happy to think back upon!

******************************

A & I planned a getaway to San Antonio for a few days during Memorial Day Weekend. Little did I know he had been planning on proposing while we were out there and the hotel staff were awesome at helping him plan for the entire thing! We drove down there Sunday afternoon and were just praying for nice weather and no rain while we were there, well the weather god’s were looking down on us and it was perfect weather the entire stay. For more on our entire trip down there, you can read it in this recap post!

We did some exploring around the riverwalk and later got ready for dinner. Before heading down to the hotel restaurant for dinner, he suggested we go up to check out the terrace since a “friend” told him it was really nice. I said sure not knowing what was going to happen. When we got to the terrace entrance there was a Private Party sign on the door and I immediately said we shouldn't go in I'm sure there’s a party or something going on. He still insisted and I hesitated following him in. As the door to the outdoor terrace opened, I saw rose petals on the floor and as we turned the corner, I saw the most romantic setup with rose petals and candles all around. 




At that point it occurred to me what was about to happen, but I think I was just in shock with what was going on around us. We are both fans of The Bachelor/Bachelorette so when he led me to the middle of the veranda he had roses waiting there to have me “accept” like they do during the rose ceremonies before getting down on one knee and saying a bunch of cute & romantic things (that quite frankly I don't entirely remember), and then asked me if I would spend the rest of my life with him. I gladly and eagerly responded YES! At that point, the secret photographers (yes, he hired a photographer all on his own to capture this moment between us!!) became less of a secret when we spotted them. He captured some amazing candid pictures of the whole thing and I couldn't have asked for anything better than what he did!









We followed the romantic proposal with an awesome dinner at a special table in the hotel restaurant and then took a riverboat tour around the river. I think we were both floating on cloud 9 the entire time! 



**********************************

Now it’s your turn to link-up and share your wedding tales. 

Macy and I love reading all about your big day, someone else’s wedding adventures, or anything else wedding related. We just can’t wait to read all about it!

make.up.HER





13 comments:

  1. So sweet! And thank you for the shout out!! We have a bunch in common with how we met, when we got engaged, etc! :) Love your sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a thoughtful engagement setting A planned out. And your outfit and nails are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy engagaversary gurlie! Can't believe it's been a year, and your big day is sooooo close! A went all out with the perfect proposal, and love that you guys have such gorgeous pics to remember the day by <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love this! who doesn't love a bachelor/bachelorette theme! the sweetest :)

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a what a great day to relive!! Love how he planned everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy engage-iversary! The way that A proposed was so adorable, and I love that he incorporated y'all's love for the Bachelor and Bachelorette into the proposal too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beyond sweet, Happy Engage-iversary girl! Beautiful pictures, he did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous proposal!!! Amazing pictures - he did good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful proposal!! And I love that you have so many amazing photos too :) We have one picture of ours because thankfully my husband thought to set a self timer and pretended it was just a regular photo, but he timed it perfectly so I have the picture of him down on one knee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet proposal. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Engagement-versary! Love the proposal and the Bachelor/Bachelorette theme! So cute he asked you to accept a rose!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is too cute and the pictures are absolutely precious! So sweet that you'll always have those memories with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved reading this story again, what a perfect proposal!!

    ReplyDelete