Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Wedding Wednesday | Election Exhaustion

Happy Wednesday loves. I really wanted to get a post up, but with a busy weekend and just mental exhaustion with all that is the U.S. Election...I don't have the mental headspace for a proper post.

I will leave y'all with political funnies...





...aaaaand I'm done!

I went to bed last night knowing I would be waking up to a different kind of normal. When I saw who voted (yes I couldn't wait up with that kind of anxiety), I was just saddened. I like to keep it pretty light hearted and fun around these parts, but this hurt me y'all.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and Hillz had some uphill battles to overcome, but I thought America was better than this. It's sad to see how far back we set our country...I just hope it doesn't take another 150+ years to get back to where we were during Obama's term. Being an American born minority, this scares me more than y'all will ever know...what does this mean for my (legal) immigrant parents who came here over 25 years ago to make a better life for them and their family? What does this mean for the future of our immigration laws? How do we begin to explain to our children why someone who has said a ton of very hateful, bigoted, racist, xenophobic, sexist and homophobic things was voted into office?

I don't hate the people who voted for him, I just don't think they felt they had a better choice...which is unfortunate. Those lost voters to the 3rd party candidates meant less votes for Hillary, that showed last night to make a huge impact on her campaign.

Alright guys, rant over...I hope today brings y'all peace and comfort, whoever you voted for...don't forget...

love is love is love is love!

Keep on loving friends!

Well enough about that, I'll have the link up below for you guys to link up to! I'll be back next Wedding Wednesday :)!

*************************************


Now it’s your turn to link-up and share your wedding tales. 

I love reading all about your big day, someone else’s wedding adventures, or anything else wedding related. Alex & I just can’t wait to read all about it!


MakeUp.Her





4 comments:

  1. LOL at all these funnies! Especially the Bill Clinton one and Trump's hair being fixed by now :-P
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the funnies! The Bill Clinton one is so hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first one! I kept on wondering when we'd actually get to see the real candidates for this election.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me about an hour to have the courage to see who won...I went to sleep early last night LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete