Monday, November 28, 2016

Weekending | Thanksgiving Recappin'

Happy Monday loves! It feels like it has been forever since I last made my way to this blog. It's been such a nice weekend of not doing much of anything at all, but I definitely am not ready for the week to start already. 

Thursday morning I woke up bright and early to make my cinnamon crunch cake (recipe possibly coming soon). After it was all finished and cooling, I got ready for the evening of yummy food and thanks!


I definitely ate plenty all day Thursday, as you can see the tiny sliver of turkey, just for participation sake. The sides were definitely my jam that night. After eating all the yummy food and desserts (my cake, pecan pie & pumpkin pie), I was done for the night.


Had to take a selfie with my favorite pup Dingo, he's no Nico, but so cuddly and sweet.


Friday morning I had to work all morning which was kind of a bummer, but what wasn't was the drive to and from work...literally no people on the road which was pretty awesome and I only wish every day driving in was like that. I didn't do any actual shopping for Black Friday, mostly stuck to online shopping. I definitely online shopped my heart out guys, I got pretty much everyone on my list covered.

Saturday was spent shopping for Christmas decor. We didn't find that much, but got this adorable wreath from Hobby Lobby for 50% off!! I love how festive it is (you can't see but there are little sparkly sequins in there) and it can be essentially used year round by just changing up the flower. We have yet to put a tree up because we are still waiting for it to be shipped to us, but we have all the trimmings and can't wait! 


Sunday was mostly spent doing our weekly errands and grocery run. We ended the night by watching Lights Out, definitely a scary movie and I'm not sure why we watched it because I was hiding behind the pillow the entire time! If you like horror/scary movies, check this one out! 

I hope y'all had a wonderful extended (for some) weekend with your loved ones. I know a lot of folks have been decorating like crazy for Christmas and I have serious FOMO, but it's definitely beginning to feel a lot like Christmas and the holidays!

***********************************

Linking up with Biana for Weekending!

11 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for online shopping, right?! Love that wreath from Hobby Lobby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. boo on working on fri but good about the traffic! felt like that on wed when i came in too. today? not so much! lots of food and love on this thanksgiving - looks like a success!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the same way on Friday - had to work in the morning but didn't mind since the commute was SO easy and I got to shop online!! Happy Monday girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks SO yummy!
    How funny, we watched Lights Out this weekend too. Not sure why I watched it...since I HATE scary movies. I think I spent more time on my phone and under the covers. LOL! Hope you have a wonderful Monday!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a bummer you had to work on Friday, but looks like a fabulous holiday weekend. That cinnamon crunch cake sounds DELISH! Yay for shopping and loving that wreath! Cheers to a great week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your wreath, and you should share the recipe for your cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that you had a great Thanksgiving, even if you had to work on Friday! I did the majority of my shopping online this year too, and it felt so awesome to check most of the people off of my list! Now I can't wait for all the packages to start showing up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wreath is so pretty! Please do share your cake recipe - that sounds and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so yummy and girl, hob lob is my happy place!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cake looks so good! I also did a lot of online shopping.

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you had a great Thanksgiving! Can't wait for the cinnamon crunch recipe! Yum!

    ReplyDelete