Hey guys! After having this soup at the restaurant over the weekend, I knew I wanted to try to recreate it to see if it would turn out. I've never attempted an Asian dish and let me tell you for the most part, this was easy. The hardest part was figuring out which recipe to follow and where to find all the different ingredients.
Baby bok choy
Lemon grass stems
Red chili paste
Lime juice (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Soy sauce (to taste)
1. Heat 4-5 cups of water in a large pan. Crush the lemon grass stems and green chillies and add to the water, bring to a boil.
2. Strain the stock. Heat another pan, add red chili paste and strained stock and mix well, bring to a boil.
3. Add the carrots, bok choy and shallots to the mix, cook for 10 minutes.
4. Grate some ginger over pan and add a squeeze of lime juice.
5. Add green pepper, green onions and salt to pot, boil.
6. Take pan off the heat and add lime to the pot, keep in there for a few minutes and remove it.
7. Serve warm and add either a basil or cilantro garnish. You can add some soy sauce for added salt.