Friday, October 28, 2016

Friday Faves | Photo Dump & Cubbie Lovin'

Happy Friday loves! If you haven't heard about it yet, THE CUBS ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!!! This makes my Chicago lovin' heart so so happy because this team, they totally deserve to go all the way! It's been super exciting to watch them, but I can't help but feel homesick whenever I do watch them because I bet the city is electric, especially tonight. Wrigley Field is hosting their first World Series with the Cubs in it since 1945!

I thought I would share some pictures from my phone (mostly Snapchat, sorry not sorry, but most of my pictures come from there).

Been loving Halloween stuff and excited to celebrate it at work. Our theme is nerds and I'm glad it's something mostly tame and easy to DIY! Also enjoying all the yummy Halloween desserts, candles, skulls and Charlie Brown movies!





I'm definitely still loving on Snapchat filters! If filters are just a fun next year I may suggest we dress as our favorite filter! In the meantime, I'll just continue to be an adorable puppy on Snapchat!



Speaking of adorable puppies, got to Facetime with my sissy and adorable fur-nephew.



My cubbies made it into the World Series after a looooooong slump and a lot of goat hating. Look up the Cubs goat curse if you're not sure what I'm talking about. It's been so exciting watching such a young and talented team and you can tell they aren't letting this opportunity slip by. The first game got past us, but the Cubs came back to win the 2nd night. Now that the game has moved to Chicago in the friendly confines, I know it's going to be a good weekend of games!! Friday, Saturday & Sunday if you're interested in watching potential history be made, tune in! I'll be donning my Cubs shirt all weekend long.



This weekend is a huge Indian holiday called Diwali and our Indian New Year. Since it'll be my first one as a married woman, there is definite hype over that. Plus we have a dinner on Saturday at our family friends house that I'm excited for because we'll be seeing people we haven't seen since our wedding! Of course this holiday also makes me homesick for my parents who I can't celebrate with.

Since this weekend we can't really squeeze in date night we decided to go Wednesday for dinner at Baker St Pub so we could catch game 2 of the Cubs vs. Indians! My burger was soo so yummy, this place also has the best stateside fish and chips according to my husband, so we'll definitely be making more trips here!


Side note on some exciting stuff around the blog world. 

Congrats to the beautiful Kate and her H on their beautiful baby girl Serena!

Congrats also to Jenn and MG on having their prayers answered, they just announced their pregnancy and I'm over the moon excited for them to start this journey! Prayers on a healthy pregnancy :)!


************************************************

Any fun plans for this weekend? I hope y'all have a beautiful weekend!

Linking up with Amanda for Friday Faves, Rebecca for That Friday Blog Hop, April for 5 on Friday, Tif for High Five for Friday, and Lauren for Fab Favorites.



8 comments:

  1. Being from Michigan, we have a lot of Cubs fans here. Hope they win! Have fun celebrating Diwali! Can't wait to read more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone posted on their blog the flower child snapchat filter as an easy Halloween costume idea which I thought was pretty genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously i cant get over the snap filters lately. esp the halloween ones! can they stay always? hehe. and go cubbies!!! it is so exciting!!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would absolutely go as a snapchat filter if I was dressing up!! Good luck to your cubs in the world series!! Enjoy celebrating Diwali!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM SO excited for the series to get back to Chicago tonight!! I've had so much fun watching the post season :) I'm also glad I'm not the only one who wanted to dress up as a snapchat filter haha! Have a great weekend!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's seriously so exciting that the Cubs are finally in the World Series, and hopefully they'll end up winning it! I've been loving all of the Halloween food and decorations too, and I still can't believe that it's almost November! Enjoy celebrating this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for all the baby love. And the cubs!!! Ahhh Go Cubs Go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nephew-dog is adorable! I have a yorkie, too :) Also, love the pumpkin pecan waffle candle - I have that as well! Can't wait to light it :)
    #H54F

    Sarah Bell
    www.trendyandtidy.com

    ReplyDelete