Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday Social {Week 104}

Well for starters, Happy 2 year anniversary of this awesome link up!! Secondly, Happy 1st day of June!!!
I have had such a blast linking up with all of you guys and have met so many awesome bloggers through it. Even though I haven't consistently linked up, this is definitely my most favorite link up. So of course today celebrating their 2 year anniversary of the link up, I have to join Ashley & Neely for Sunday Social!!


Sunday Social

Introduce yourself and your blog to us:
Hello guys, my name is Nikki and I'm a 20 something year old from the suburbs of Chicago. I work in the medical field as a medical assistant and I love everything about it, especially helping others, cliche I know. Along with that I love Starbucks, Pinterest, glitter, makeup, pink, Kate Spade, my family, friends, and as of recently (Feb 2014) a special guy in my life A. My blog is a hodge podge of things I love and what make me up which include, makeup, hair, love, life, and everything in between.
Glad I did this then because after the recent skydeck incident, I will not be going back on this again.

What is your favorite form of social media and why?
Out of all of them I like Instagram the best. I love to take pictures and I love being able to look back on them and remember the special moments in my life through pictures. Twitter would be second for me, but I'm more of a sporadic tweeter whereas I Instagram pretty much daily. 

What made you start a blog?
Well like most bloggers, I started out first reading blogs like Pink Lou Lou & Meg O. On The Go. After years of reading blogs, I decided to bite the bullet and see if I could have my own blog, thus makeupHER was born. Although I'm not a "big" blogger nor do I have the skills to become one, I absolutely love this blogging community and the friends I've made through it.

What do you feel is the most meaningful/special post you've written is?
'Heavy Heart'
This post is special to me because it was the one year anniversary of the passing of my favorite uncle. While I was writing it and looking through all the pictures, I couldn't stop myself from crying my eyes out. It took me twice as long to finish, but I put my heart in that post and although I was hurting, it helped writing it out there for the world to see how special he was to me.


Hope everyone joins in on the fun & has a wonderful Sunday!!

 photo MUHsignature_zpsb4f83d4b.png

1 comment: