Thursday, June 5, 2014

Sunshine Award

Holy cannoli guys, I have been pretty MIA around these parts, is anyone even reading anymore *crickets*.

It has really been a struggle for me to get posts up because a. I'm lazy and b. I just don't feel like there is a whole lot to talk about (see also: writers block).

I got an email earlier in the week from one of my favorite bloggers Tabitha telling me she nominated me for the Sunshine Award. Now this is the first time I'm getting this award and I was pretty excited to do a post on it. I know some people may think these awards are cheesy and all that, but I genuinely get excited because it means there really are people who read the crap that I write and continue reading, so thanks so much for the nomination Tabitha!

I'm borrowing this from Tabitha's blog :)


Rules of the Sunshine Award:
-post 11 random facts about yourself
-answer 11 questions for the blogger who nominated you
-nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award
-write your own 11 questions for them to answer
-notify them that you nominated them

11 random facts about yours truly:

// I have one younger sister who is basically my bff/soulmate

// I've learned I'm more of an introvert/homebody, but I do enjoy going out every now and then

// I'm always searching for that fairytale romance

// I have a love affair with makeup & nail polish

// Speaking of nail polishes, I have over 150 bottles of polish

//  I love to bake

// I can't wait to one day have children to call my own, but until then my nephews will have to do

// I am a lover of moscato

// If I could always be traveling I would love to do it

// I'm 100% Indian (not the Native American Indian fyi)

// I was born & raised in Chicago and as much as I love it here, I need a change of scenery


My questions from Tabitha:

1. Why did you start blogging & how'd your blog get its name?

I started blogging after years of reading blogs and figuring 'hey I could do this.' My blogs name was hard to come up with because I don't consider myself to be creative, but after tinkering with a few different names, makeupHER was born. It's a play on words, basically that my blog talks about the things that make me up (love, life, family, friends, etc).

2. Do you have any tattoo's? If so, tell us about them.

I do have 2 tattoo's so far, but definitely itching to get more. I have an Ohm sign on my left shoulder and my grandmothers initial on my right ankle.

3. Do you have any children? Any funny stories about how they got their names?

Nope, no children yet, but I'm sure there will be funny stories in the future. I did however help my cousin come up with her second sons name which was special to me. 

4. What is your favorite food?

Mexican food, give me all the enchiladas!

5. What are 3 beauty things you couldn't live without?

Foundation, concealer, & mascara.

6. What is your favorite color?

PINK

7. Name 3 places you'd love to go and explain why?

Italy, Australia, & Thailand.
All of these places for their own unique reasons, but simply because I love to travel and have a list too long to list here, so I'll just pick my definite top 3 places.

8. What is your favorite blog post you've ever written?

This is hard because I have two that I like for different reasons. One in memory of my amazing uncle who lost his battle with kidney disease over a year ago, you can read more here. The second post I really like of mine is more recent when I won an astrology reading from Simply Sun Signs. I loved getting to read more about my horoscope and how it describes me and my personality. Des was such a pleasure to work with and answered any questions I had. You can read all about my horoscope and personality in "Girl, What's Your Sign".

9. What is your favorite memory?

Oh I have so many to name from my childhood to high school to more recently. Most of my fondest memories have to do with people I've lost during my life and the cherished time with them. I really to cherish any time I get with friends and family because I know life is extremely short. I do have a feeling my upcoming trip to New Orleans with A will quickly become an incredible memory.

10. What is something about you that people would be surprised to learn?

Well, I'm pretty sure I haven't shared this on my blog yet. My read name isn't really Nikki, it's Namrata. My nickname and what I've been called pretty much my entire life has been Nikki though, so I definitely don't go by my real name. My grandfather was the only one that really called me by my real name, everyone else knows me as Nikki.

11. Name 3 things on your summer bucket list?
-Go on a trip (NOLA in 21 days!!!!!!)
-Try something new and out of my comfort zone
-Lay by the pool or go to the beach as much as possible


I nominate:












These 11 bloggers are some of my favorite among my extensive list of blogs, if you haven't already check them all out and give them some love!!


11 questions for you...

1. What's your favorite thing about summer?
2. What's your favorite recipe to cook (or bake)?
3. What do you like to splurge on?
4. Favorite store to shop at?
5. What are 3 must have staples in your closet?
6. Favorite beauty product/brand?
7. If you could eat one food forever, what would it be?
8. Favorite app on your phone?
9. Preferred social media outlet (Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/Snapchat/etc.)?
10. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
11. Go-to vacation spot?

I had a blast answering these questions so thank you again Tabitha for nominating me. 


 photo MUHsignature_zpsb4f83d4b.png

5 comments:

  1. thanks os much for nominating me! and i love me some mexican food too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Sunshine Award! I've turned into more of an introvert lately, it's weird after being so extroverted my whole life. Who knew staying at home was so nice. You may have a few bottles of nail polish.. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just the sweetest! Thank you so much for thinking of me :)

    YES to moscato, nail polish, and Mexican food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of your favorites? You are seriously too sweet! You are going to love NOLA. My hubby and I were there in 2012, and I loved it! Namrata is a beautiful name <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thank you girl!! You're too sweet :)

    ReplyDelete