Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Most Overrated Actors/Actresses

There has been a little buzz with this topic and after hearing about it on a local radio station, I decided to do a little bit more research as to why certain actors were chosen for this list. I like to think I'm a movie buff, but some of the actors from the list on the particular radio show shocked me. Names like Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, and Will Smith. If you want to check out the article where this specific list is, check it out here!
 
 
This is a visual list of the celebs included in the article above. What are your thoughts with this specific list? Do you agree or disagree?
 
Here are my picks for top 10 overrated actors of our time:
 
 
1. Nicolas Cage...I mean this is a given, he is just god awful in all of his movies. There are also countless meme's of this man so finding a picture of him looking like his normal self was quite difficult.
 
2. Seth Rogen...this guy basically plays himself in every.single.movie. He's always a stoner guy who usually always has no job/career. He has definitely typcasted himself with his movies like Pineapple Express, Knocked Up, The Neighbors, etc. You get the point. It's not acting if you are playing yourself in movies.
 
3. Tom Cruise...what's the last good movie he was in?? I know he was in greats like Risky Business and Top Gun, but he has just gotten weirder and less relevant (minus the whole Scientology thing) since those movies came out.
 
4. Jim Carrey...I loved this guy in The Mask and even the original Dumb & Dumber, but again he plays an over-exaggerated version of himself. I will give him props that one of the better movies of his has to be Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It was a very different avenue than his typical goofy/comedy movies.
 
5. James Franco...he knows he's overrated and he plays on that. I do think he is absolutely great at making fun of himself, but it's a bit much at this point. He's again typecasting himself by being in similar movies like his pal Seth Rogen, but I think he is capable of being in serious movies too.
 


6. Megan Fox...I mean to call this woman an actress is really heinous, she sucked in Transformers and all she is is a pretty face really, and that being surgically enhanced. I hate that weird mouth thing she does, not sultry or sexy more raccoon.
 
7. Scarlett Johansson...I used to like her back in the day, but nowadays she has just kind of gotten blah. She just has this one dimensional side to her and I can't invision her in different types of roles.
 
8. Kristen Stewart...honestly she has to be on everyone's overrated list because come! on! This girl cannot act to save her life, literally her claim to fame is Twilight and she couldn't even do her role justice. Her one facial expression is just awful and she needs to just leave Hollywood.
 
9. Cameron Diaz...I never truly liked or cared for her as an actress because really all I see her as is a California surfer chick. I can't name a single movie where I actually enjoyed her in, so there's that. If you have any suggestions then share away, but maybe you'll find it equally hard to find a good movie of hers.
 
10. Drew Barrymore...she's an actress I liked back in the early 90's before being in almost every Adam Sandler movie. Never Been Kissed was probably one of my favorite chick flicks, but as soon as I saw her in 50 First Dates and Charlie's Angels that did her in with me in terms of good acting.
 
Honorary Mention:
 
Jessica Biel
I loved her on 7th Heaven, but she did almost have this bratty side on the show and that very well could have been her role, but she has left that impression since. I don't think she is a movie actress and should maybe stick to the TV screen if anything. Nowadays everyone knows her as Mrs. Justin Timberlake, which definitely isn't a bad gig. Maybe she should just give up on acting and have as many mini Timberlakes as she can.
 
 
Now do you agree or disagree with my choices? Who would you add/get rid of from my list?
 
 
 photo MUHsignature_zpsb4f83d4b.png

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree! Tom Cruise was big in the 80s and 90s but now....to me...he's Katie Holmes' ex and a guy who jumps on couch's to show his love. Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz were big players in the 90's. Sadly as they get older the are still attempting to play the young 20 year old and it's not a good look on them. I too wish that Jessica Biel would stick to TV or just be mini Timberlake's Mommy. Big fan of her style and look but not so much on her acting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with a lot of your picks.. .I loathe Scarlett Johannsenn, Kristen Stewart, and Megan Fox they are seriously the worst! And Seth Rogen definitely just plays himself... that's not acting lol.

    ReplyDelete