Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Thoughts I Had During My First Pure Barre Class

Hey guys! So yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and take a Pure Barre class. Now a little backstory, I have like zero flexibility, haven't worked out in months, and don't like to drip sweat. Guys even with all that, I still survived my first Pure Barre class...barely! 


So it being my first class, it totally kicked my butt and I feel pain in muscles I didn't even know existed. Although I'm feeling the pain real bad today, I know I cannot wait until my next class!! So I thought it would be fun to type out some of my thoughts during this crazy intense 55 mins of barre.


...I hope I don't look like an idiot...

...I'm totally gonna regret this once I'm done...

...Why does anyone do this to themselves...

...My legs are literally gonna break off...

...My armsssssssssssss...

...10 seconds is literally the longest...

...Cramp cramp cramp...

...Keep going, don't budge...

...Shake shake shake, literally everything is shaking...

...Woo feeling those endorphins making their way into my system...

...Wait cooldown stretch already, I was just getting in the groove...

...Oh it's done?!...

...That was the most intense workout ever, I can't wait to come back, is tomorrow too soon??...


_________________________________________________________________________

So after all the pain and endurance your body goes through, the rush that comes through your body when you persevere through the shaking muscles and cramps is so wonderful. If you were on the fence about doing a Pure Barre class, I definitely suggest you try it out. The staff is ridiculously nice and they motivate you along with making sure your form is correct. I can't wait to see my body strength and grow in the next month, I'll be back to report back on my thoughts on Pure Barre after 30 days.


**I was not compensated or contacted to talk about Pure Barre, I just genuinely loved my first class and want to give newbies an insight on what to expect should they chose to try PB**

13 comments:

  1. Oh gosh I have those thoughts every single time I go into a barre class - especially during the plank!!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your thoughts during class are awesome, I've yet to take a class but I imagine I'll have the same thoughts :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't tried out Pure Barre but I'm pretty sure I will have the same exact thoughts. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barre classes are seriously the best aren't they? It definitely shows you how long 10 seconds can feel, and you burn so good after! I've only tried Barre3 and Bar Method, but I'm sure I'd love Pure Barre too <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our only Pure Barre studio is way across town and it makes me so sad because I want to try it! I just know then I'd be addicted and I can't justify that drive all the time for a workout class when I can do other classes at the gym up the street. Maybe someday they'll open a studio by me. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, is it weird that I go through all of these thoughts EVERY time I go to barre class? ;) Glad you gave it a whirl and enjoyed it, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard such great things about these PB classes...we just got a small studio in our area and I am looking forward to trying it out some day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you posted this! I'm going to my first barre class next week with the Charleston Blog Society and was wondering what to expect =) I guess an intense workout haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was invited to go to PB for a class yesterday and I DIDN'T GO!! Dang it, now I regret it!! I didn't really know what it was and I was like "work out or make signs??" Signs always win everything haha but seriously good to know it's amazing!! What kinf of workout is it?! Is it lots of cardio stuff? I'm mad I missed it now!!!!
    xo C

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so funny! I've wanted to try a class but it sounds a little too intense for me.
    The Rad Wife

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha I love this! All of these reasons are exactly why I haven't tried a class yet either ;) I keep telling myself I need to get into shape just to try Pure Barre!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to do one of these classes so bad! I have heard mixed reviews but it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cool! I've always been curious about Pure Bar. I have zero flexibility, so I never thought about it seriously ...until now. I love the way you gave the play-by-play:) I want those endorphins! I'm so going to sign up in the next month or so. Can't wait to hear about your next class!

    xo, Andrea // PICSOANDREA

    ReplyDelete