Monday, April 10, 2017

Weekending | Catching Up

Happy Monday loves! Is it just me or did this weekend just fly right by us?? I felt a good catch up sesh was necessary for today so shall we?

I did absolutely nothing this weekend, the highlight of my weekend was going to Target and Sephora!


Yup that pretty much happened. I literally went in for a birthday card! I ended up with $75 worth of other things....as I was walking out to my car, totally forgot the birthday card! I had to run back in and grab that since that was basically the only reason why I was there. Luckily I don't go basket crazy at Sephora or else I would be under a pile of debt from that place alone! 

Once I came home and proceeded to hide all of the things I unnecessarily bought, I went into a Netflix daze. I saw some fellow bloggers posting about 13 Reasons Why and was suddenly intrigued. Between catching up on my daily shows, I totally have neglected Netflix. I'm so glad I heard about this because guys it's really a good show!! I even got my sissy hooked on it. I made it about 6 episodes before I had to cut myself off, also because it was past midnight! It's also a book so after binge-watching the season I'll grab it!  



Today is National Siblings Day, so shout out to my ride or die sissy!! Cannot wait to see her and my momma in 11 days! I have seriously missed them something fierce and NEED a week long cruise with my besties! 



Hubby's birthday is coming up this Wednesday and I cannot wait to give him his gift! He is usually always impossible to shop for and I end up just taking him to the mall and letting him pick out his gift...not this time! I knew I wanted to get him something that we could do because he honestly doesn't need anything at the moment. When I heard that Enrique & Pitbull were going on tour, I knew I had to get us tickets! We both love Enrique, our reception entrance song was Bailando after all! He has no idea what the gift is so I'm excited to be able to finally surprise him with a gift he'll love!! 



If you missed this nail color I posted last week on Instagram, go out and find this color y'all! I have gotten so many compliments and it is totally going to become my new go to for Spring! I got mine in my FabFitFun Spring box, but I'm sure you could find it online or at Sephora!



Finally, Sunday was spent cleaning out my closet and basically purging what I didn't need or wear anymore. I have a whole bag of goodies ready to go to Goodwill tonight. The purpose of this was to change out my closet to be spring/summer focused now that the heat and humidity have settled in, but also to set everything for my cruise aside. We don't leave for another 12 days, but next weekend is completely jam packed and between the craziness at work, I don't want it to be a rushed event. Also serious overpacking has happened! I managed to fit everything I need in 2 carry on bags (trying not to check in anything)!




**********************************

That's pretty much what's been going on with me and what our weekend consisted of! Linking up with Biana for weekending!

10 comments:

  1. I totally binged 13 Reasons Why this last weekend too. I had to watch funny videos between episodes because it was so heavy. But everyone should watch it in my humble opinion! I'm so excited for you about your cruise!! I'm going on one in June with some of my best girl friends and we are soon excited! I've been picking up things here and there for it! And ugh I totally need to clean out my closet.

    Fingers crossed we can get together some time soon! I loved your idea of the painting and wine night! We'd have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounds so perfect, and a lot like ours! We really didn't do a whole lot, but loved finally getting caught up on our shows! I keep on hearing about 13 Reasons Why, and I need to check it out too, especially since it was a book! And yes to your cruise coming up soon! Nothing better than relaxing with your mom and sister on a boat in the Caribbean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Low key weekends are needed, especially when you have some busyness ahead! Your cruise is going to be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the packing!! I love all the different fun patterns you'll be wearing. I am TOTALLY the same way with Target when it comes to shopping ;)

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still super jealous of your upcoming cruise, my favorite way to travel! And lol at that Target meme, it could not be more true <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun you are doing a cruise with your mom and sister! That will be a blast. I've read 13 Reasons Why but haven't watched the series yet. I keep hearing such good things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were going to start watching that show but started watching the young pope instead...ummm me and target are most definitely the same way! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup I fall victim to Target every time! There;s never a quick trip for the one thing I need. lol That's exciting you have another vacay on the horizon and a cruise too!! Can't wait to hear the details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep reading about 13 Reasons Why, apparently everyone is binging it right now! Looks like the perfect mix of relaxing and productivity for the weekend! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw 13 Reasons Why advertised on Netflix and thought that it sounded really good! I'll def have to watch it now. So exciting you'll get to visit your family soon! Happy Birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete