Monday, April 17, 2017

Weekending | Celebrating Hubs

Happy Monday morning folks! I'm hoping and praying this week just breezes by because at the end of it my mom & sister await along with our looooong awaited Caribbean cruise!! I've been starring at this countdown timer since the day we booked the cruise and I can't believe in 5 short days we will be cruising away! My momma and sissy get here Friday morning so it'll be a day well spent, catching up and doing some last minute stuff.



Our weekend started out on Friday, since I didn't have the day off (boo!) we waiting until the evening to go to our friends place for a little craft beer & cider tasting. I wasn't a huge fan of the beers because I just don't like beer in general, but the ciders on the other hand! I definitely found some winners in there! I can't wait until our next tasting, we decided it'll have to be wine though!



It was fun to catch up and see some people we haven't seen since early January. Our hostess also had an amazing chocolate wine shaped cake for hubby's birthday! It was almost too pretty to eat, but I'm glad we did because it was delicious!! We were also celebrating hubs passing his work exam!!! I cannot begin to tell you how proud and relieved we both are that he passed! After 4-5 long months of studying and failing the first time, he finally has his Series 66 behind him!



After all the clean up was said and done, we headed home...exhausted! I fell asleep almost immediately and gladly so since I had an early morning the next day!

Saturday morning hubs and I both woke up and headed to get our hair cut. I was trying out a new salon after reading great reviews on Yelp and I'm so glad I did. If you are in the Sugar Land area and are in need of a new hair stylist or even a great blow out, check out Sugar Land Drybar, it is the only blow dry bar in the area and I hope Ashley branches out and becomes even bigger than she is right now. I'm actually headed back to her to get a Keratin express blowout treatment later this week! The rest of the late morning/early afternoon was spent getting some stuff done around the house before our night out.

I had asked hubs if we could stop at Kendra Scott before dinner since there was one in the area and use his birthday reward! Folks if you don't know about the 50% any one item at KS on your birthday (or your s/o if they comply) you are missing out! I picked myself up this gorgeous iridescent druzy necklace which goes perfectly which just about everything! 



Afterwards, we headed to one of my favorite restaurants, YardHouse for hubby's birthday dinner! If you have never been to a YardHouse and have one in your area, run don't walk there...and get their firecracker boneless wings, you won't regret it! A bunch of our family and friends came out to celebrate and it was so great having everyone in one place celebrating my favorite person! After dinner we headed to a little lounge in the City Centre area for some late night drinks and live music!




After staying out way past our bedtimes, we decided to call it a night and head home. I had such a blast celebrating A's birthday since it was his first married birthday!

Sunday we slept in much later than usual and paid for the late night of drinking the night before! When I did finally make it out of bed, it was chore time. Once everything was cleaned and tidy, we headed to the grocery store to grab stuff for the week. Since we don't celebrate Easter this was our way of celebrating I suppose. Luckily for us, Kroger was not only open, but unusually quiet!

Since it was our 9 month(!!!!) wedding anniversary, we decided to go out for dinner for some Indian yumminess! We ended the night with some SNL and Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, now that's what I call a successful marriage!




**************************************

It was quite an eventful and busy weekend, but I wouldn't have changed a thing...besides having it last longer! I can only hope I can make it through this short 4 day work week ahead!

Linking up with Biana for some weekending!

10 comments:

  1. Such a fun birthday weekend for the hubs! And I'm super bummed we don't have a Kendra Scott store around here, because the birthday promotion unfortunately is in-store only. So exciting your cruise is almost here, you're going to have a blast <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for your cruise almost being here and for A passing his exam! That's so awesome! It sounds like y'all had a great weekend of celebrating, and I'm with you in preferring a wine tasting over a beer tasting any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weekend sounds like so much fun - so happy ya'll had a good time celebrating his bday (and now that I know Andi is bday twin!) Also, that necklace is fabulous! I had no idea about the bday discount!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Packed weekend! Sounds like you had a great one! Excited for you for your cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a funny weekend celebrating your hubby! I love that he let you go to KS to use his discount! Haha. Yay for almost cruise time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh!!! How fun! So jealous of your upcoming cruise, you are going to have so much fun!

    Lisa @ Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great weekend. Happy birthday and congrats to your husband on that test! The cruise is going to be so much fun - I hope these next few days fly by for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope this week breezes by for you!! What a perfect weekend celebrating and yay for your husband!! I had no idea about KS and their birthday rewards - need to get on that!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you guys celebrated the hubs birthday right all weekend long with friends delicious food! I love Yard House and Indian food is one of my faves too! So fun that the countdown to your cruise has begun! Nothing beats getting ready for some fun in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to have to see if we have a Yardhouse near me, it sounds delicious!! Have a blast on your trip!!

    ReplyDelete