Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hair Routine

Let's talk about hair baby, let's talk about you and me

Now that I've made things nice and weird around these parts, let's get down to the root of the post (get it?! ok I'm done). Lately I've been so blah about my hair because quite frankly in the winter Chicago weather makes my hair nutty. Now that spring has sprung and we are finally getting nice weather, I can finally have my hair doing it's thang. I take pretty good care of all my hair, because let's face it if I didn't I would resemble Hagrid from the beloved Harry Potter books...no joke. 

I am pretty OCD about my haircare routine and try to follow it.


//I use the Moroccan Argan Oil intense moisturizing treatment before washing my hair. It is a quick mask to help treat my hair. All you need is a little bit distributed with a wide tooth comb and you leave it be for about 5 mins. You can also be real ghetto like me and stick a grocery bag to give the treatment some heat, or you can just be normal whatevs.

//I then wash out the treatment using L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare triple resist reinforcing shampoo & conditioner. I like this shampoo because it leaves my hair feeling soft and bouncy, plus it smells good so that sold me right away.

//I then let my hair dry off in my turbie twist, guys this little invention is perfect. I used to use a separate towel just to dry my hair (yes I have that much hair) and it got annoying, but this nifty thing is perfect and the microfiber material helps get most of the moisture out.

//After I let my locks free, I hit it with the arsenal of haircare products to help repair damage, make my hair silky, or protect against heat. First I throw a few pumps of Pantene Pro-V ultimate 10 BB creme, this stuff is pretty great. It is basically doing 10 things for your hair and works as a leave in treatment. I usually only use this for when my hair is freshly washed, but you can use it on dry hair as a polisher on styled hair.

//Next comes the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal, this treatment helps speed up blow drying and cuts out that nasty frizz. I also throw this in my hair after I flat iron my hair to keep any fly aways at bay.

//I follow it up with Healthy Sexy Hair Soy tri-wheat leave in conditioner. I spritz a bit of this on my damp hair to help condition my hair in between washes and it also helps detangle my hair before blow drying. This stuff smells like the angels tears, I would definitely recommend this not only because of the product itself, but the smell alone!

//As if all of those products aren't enough, the final step before styling my hair is Aussie heat protecting shine spray. Guys you have no idea how much of a difference a heat protectant makes on your hair. I've noticed a big difference since I've started using a protectant on my hair to protect from any damage to my hair since I use an excessive amount of heat on my hair most days.

Now that all the products have gone into my hair, I am finally ready to style my hair. Depending on how dry my hair already is thanks to air drying, blow drying can take anywhere from 20-30 mins for my hair. I usually break my hair into 3 sections just to make sure I removed all the moisture from my hair. This helps a lot because any flat iron or curling iron that hits wet hair will fry it.

Then I usually flat iron my hair because it's the quickest thing and typically stays throughout the night (I have to wash my hair in the night before work because it's a pretty long process and I don't like waking up early to take care of all that, yes I still shower in the mornings, but this severely cuts out prep time in the am). Here is the before and after look of my hair, the craziness of my hair doesn't seem so severe in the pic, but I assure you, I could never leave my hair with just blow drying it (unless I do a blow out which I suck at doing).


*My apologies for the grainy iPhone quality pix*

I was not compensated or given these products, all the reviews are based on my honest opinions and all products were bought with my own doll hairs :).



 photo MUHsignature_zpsb4f83d4b.png

3 comments:

  1. Where did you buy the turbie twist? I also have to use a 2nd towel to dry my hair so that would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sexy Hair leave in conditioner too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may need the moroccan oil hair treatment as opposed to the serum I rub through my wet hair before blow drying. I think this would really help my messy mane.

    ReplyDelete