Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Recipe: Smoothie

Hey y'all! So with the nicer weather I find myself appreciating smoothies more and more. I absolutely love swapping out a meal for a protein rich smoothie. I have a quick and easy (notice the trend with my recipes??) smoothie recipe that works without fail for me every time I make it. 


As far as ingredients go, you can really create it with pretty much any fruit or veggie you want. I used strawberries and bananas as my fruits because that's what I had available. I then use a tablespoon (or more) of peanut butter for my protein and fill up the empty part of my blender (one cup size) with water or you can use ice if you want it chilled. I then toss a handful of chocolate chip morsels on top just for a chocolatey goodness, I mean in smoothie form it's healthy right?! Blend those bad boys together and start sipping!

Like I said you can use anything you want, with more fruit coming in the summer I will definitely be exploring different smoothies and also will be testing out a green smoothie with spinach too, I'll fill you guys in on how that turns out and if I like it or not!

Linking up with Kate & Emily for Tuesdays Recipe Swap.

Martinis & Bikinis




 photo MUHsignature_zpsb4f83d4b.png

4 comments:

  1. I've been on a smoothie kick recently but yet to try one with peanut butter. K eats all the peanut butter before I can get to it! lol. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strawberry and banana is my favorite combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these smoothies look so yummy, I need to remember to pick up the ingredients the next time I'm at the store. Such a yummy and healthy snack :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smoothies are my jam! They are so so so good! :)

    ReplyDelete