Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Recipe: Margherita Pizza

So this week I put my own spin on an old classic. I love pizza and could probably eat it forever and ever, but I also like switching it up every now and then. Don't get me wrong, I love my cheese and onions, but I love Margherita pizza when it's done right. When I saw an easy pinterest recipe to make it at home, I gathered all my necessary ingredients and went to town. I tweaked it a little bit by using a flatbread instead of a pizza crust, but you can do it however your little heart desires.


Ingredients:
//1 flatbread or thin pizza crust (whatever you prefer)

//pizza sauce

//EVOO (extra virgin olive oil for those of you who never watched Rachel Ray)

//1 tomato, cut thinly

//mozzarella cheese, cut thinly

//basil leaves

//salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
-Spread a thin layer of EVOO on the flatbread or crust followed by the pizza sauce spread evenly.

-Place the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese across the pizza.

-Sprinkle basil leaves and salt and pepper to your satisfaction.

-You can also top the pizza in parmesan cheese if you want, but I didn't have any handy.

-Bake the pizza on 325 degrees for 5-10 minutes, until you see the cheese starting to melt.



This is such a simple and easy dish you can make with minimal ingredients. I definitely love making this as an afternoon lunch idea when I'm home from work because I usually have these ingredients and it doesn't take much time to prepare and cook.

I'm linking up with Kate & Emily for Tuesday's Recipe Swap!

Martinis & Bikinis

 photo MUHsignature_zpsb4f83d4b.png

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had homemade pizza in year. Looks delish with the mozzarella & basil!

    ReplyDelete