Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Social {Week 84}

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm linking up, like most Sundays, with Ashley & Neely for Sunday Social.

Sunday Social

This week they are taking it back to the beginning on why and how we all became bloggers. I love these type of prompts because they allow us to show why we blog to our readers and who/what got us to blogging. Here are the questions!

1. What is the name of your blog? How long have you been blogging?
My blogs name is make.up.HER and I picked that name because that is the most creative I could get with coming up with a name, Google helped me a tiny bit. I first started out as a makeup blogger, but realized I liked talking about my life (arrogant much?!) as well. I never changed my blog name because I feel it still accurately depicts me, so thus the blog is about what "makes up" me and my life (get it?!) I've been blogging since May of 2012 (2 years this coming May, I can't believe it) although I did take a few months off in 2013 I'm so glad to be back to blogging again!

2. Why do you blog?
I think it allows me to be creative, or at least pretend I am at times. I love the type of community it created for me and I have "met" some pretty awesome bloggers in the time I've been blogging. 

3. What is the first blog you ever followed?
I can't remember the exact first blog I followed, but I am pretty sure I started reading PinkLouLou, she's simply the best and I love reading her blog still!!

4. What is your favorite post you wrote in 2013?
Well, considering that I took a slight break in 2013, I think my favorite post I wrote was my return to blogging and what I had been up to while I was MIA, you can read it Here (get ready for a picture overload though).

5. What are your blogging goals for 2014?
Keep blogging for the entire year?? I want to get a little bit more involved, maybe hosting a link up with someone, doing more giveaways, and just being an active part of this wonderful community.

6. Top 3 favorite blogs to follow?
Well since I just wrote about my favorite bloggers on Monday I will just list them and you can read about why I love these blogs Here.

Helene In Between
Not Entirely Perfect
I Wore Yoga Pants
Karly Kim
Meg O. on the Go
Green Fashionista
Living Colorfully
Party of One
PinkLouLou
Martinis & Bikinis

(yes, I am aware I listed 10 blogs instead of 3, but what can I say I have a hard time being restricted to small numbers of favorites).

Why do you blog? What are some of your favorite bloggers?
 photo MUHsignature_zpsb4f83d4b.png

3 comments:

  1. ooo i love helene and steph!

    i blog because of this amazing community. although i consider myself a 'low key' blogger, i became more active in the community and gained an amazing readership and made great connections with people up in here!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't pick just three either! It's just so hard, when there are so many great blogs out there. Also, I love the name and the story behind your blog title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by via Sunday Social Blog Hop to say Hi!!!!

    ReplyDelete