Friday, December 23, 2016

12 Questions of Christmas

When I saw this on Ashley's blog, I knew I had to play along! I've been spotty with my blogging, but this is a fun post to get up before Christmas, which I can't believe is only 2 days away!

1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
Oh I can't just pick one...a few of my all-time favorites are: Elf, Love Actually, Home Alone (1 & 2), National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Polar Express and Four Christmases.


2. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Crazy that I've always had a white Christmas, this will be my first Christmas with almost 80 degree weather! I do enjoy some snow on Christmas, but anything more than that...no thank!

3. Where do you usually spend the holiday?
Considering this year is going to be completely different for us, we are just spending Christmas at home. Eventually after we have our own house, I plan on hosting Christmas and hope my family and cousins could join us!


4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Literally anything BSB or *NSYNC holiday version, even the classic Mariah Carey All I Want For Christmas Is You. This year I've been listening to a lot of Pentatonix because they are just phenomenal. 

5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
Usually I'll do a stocking stuffer or two. Since we are spending Christmas Eve at a family friends house this year we may not do that. 

6. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Not if asked on the spot, I can probably list a few of them though, Rudolf, Prancer, Vixen, Dasher, Dancer, Donner, Blitzen...that's about all I've got.


7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
Just being with my new family and husband, it sucks that I'm not able to spend it with my parents and sister, but the thought of traveling to Chicago during Christmas doesn't appeal to me or them. Just have to wait a month until I go there!


8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
I always have bought fake, I feel like I'd want to do real for the smell, but the maintenance of it sounds like too much work. 


9. What is your all time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
I will never turn down a dessert. I love some milk and cookies...really anything is good with me!

10. Be honest, do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I actually LOVE to go out and shop for people, I try to get creative and personalized gifts depending on who I'm shopping for. I also enjoy when they open it up and really enjoy what I gave. I can't lie and say I don't enjoy getting gifts, but I don't expect one from anyone that I give one to!


11. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
My husband being from London always tells me how London is usually always decked out for the holidays. I have always wanted to go (and we might be later next year), but I would totally go and spend the holidays there! Either that or a relaxing beach/cruise vacation!


12. Are you a pro present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I like to consider myself a pro present wrapper. My in-laws have had me wrap all their gifts, if my husband could have me wrap my own gift he would, he just took the easy way out and threw it in a bag. It's not as polished as others, but I consider it to be decent looking enough to give to someone! I actually enjoy it too, it's fairly therapeutic! 



**************************

Merry Christmas my loves! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend celebrating (or not, whatever you want) with family and friends! I'll see y'all on the flip side...hopefully I get my act together enough to get a 2016 recap post up! 

Merry Christmas ya Filthy Animals!

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun post! We are twinning on favorite holiday music, and how amazing would London be this time of year. Just strolling through Harrod's would be a dream! Merry Christmas to you and A <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't name all the reindeers, but I'm surprised you named so many lol. Didn't know Vixen was one! lol. I prefer a fake Christmas tree, less maintenance and less worry it will burn down lol. I want to go to London too! Those Christmas decorations are something fierce!

    Merry Christmas hun! Hope you guys have the most wonderful Christmas yet <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you were able to do this post! It was so much fun to write and really put me in the Christmas spirit too! I was wondering how you were liking the warm Christmas compared to your normal white Christmases up North! I bet that the snow is a pain to deal with after Christmas but tolerable on Christmas. I'm glad that y'all had a very Merry Christmas, and I can only imagine how beautiful London is at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete