Friday, December 2, 2016

It's Friday | Spread the Holiday Cheer

Happy Friday loves. Boy am I glad to finally see the weekend, feels like the longest and slowest week so far. Let's just say I wish the traffic from last week stuck this week because it was awful out there. We finally got our dose of cooler temps, thank GOD! It went from 82 degrees to 41 degrees in less than 12 hours, craziness! 

Now that it's (finally) December, all the holiday cheer is all around and I love it! I literally wish December could last longer than 31 days because it's crazy to think that in less than that, it'll be 2017! With 2016 being an amazing year of ups and downs in my life, I can't believe it's coming to a close! 

In other news, we got our precious tree in (thanks Mom & Dad for sending us a pretty tree for us to have this year). Hubby let me decorate the house and tree before December 1st because he was feeling nice. Even though our tree is small, it makes me happy and feel cozy! Plus our other decor (I'll share pictures when I take some) adds to the festiveness. 


Yesterday, hubby and I went to our town center for the annual tree lighting ceremony. It was the perfect evening in the low 60's and it wasn't too packed. They had food trucks, booths selling some goodies, fun games and activities for the kiddos. Overall it was fun to get into the magic of the holiday with Santa & Mrs. Claus joining in on the fun. 


The tree lighting was fun and pretty, but we were pretty hungry so as soon as it was lit we were high tailing it to the Baker Street Pub in town square for some much needed dinner.



After dinner, when the crowds around the tree died down, we headed back for an obligatory selfie in front of the tree.


We are supposed to go to the Magical Winter Lights and Zoo Lights today and tomorrow, but this crazy rain that we are projected to have is threatening those plans. I hope we can make it this weekend, if not then it'll have to wait until mid December! If rain ruins our plans then a lot of Netflixing will be on the agenda. What fun things are you guys up to this weekend?

******************************

Linking up with Amanda for Friday faves & Liz for Five on Friday!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that the cooler temperatures are finally here! It finally feels like December and Christmas instead of September or October... The tree lighting ceremony looked like so much fun and I'm glad that's y'all got a picture in front of the tree after the crowds had died down! Hopefully the weather isnt too terrible so you can enjoy your weekend plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun that you made it for the tree lighting and I hope the weather clears up for your fun weekend plans!! Happy Friday! xo, Biana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I'm also excited for the cooler temperatures. Now it really feels like Christmas! That tree is so adorable! I can't wait to decorate my room with festive lights lol. You guys look so cute!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! even if it's Netflix :)

    ReplyDelete