Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas 2016 Recap

Happy Tuesday (although I wish I was still in bed to tell ya the truth). It's definitely tough going back to work after having 3 glorious days off from it. Thankfully it's a 4 day work week and the weekend ahead means another 3 day weekend, so I'm cool with that. Side note, can Christmas & New Year's always fall on a weekend?!

This is mostly going to be a photo dump post, even though I could have taken some more pictures of our Christmas Eve party we went to.

On Friday evening, I was really craving sushi, so we had a little date night at our favorite sushi place.


Saturday was spent mostly getting chores done and cleaning around the house. We then had a Christmas party to go to. It was so much fun and I wish I had more pictures, but the only time I took my phone out was to get some snapchats. We did a white elephant exchange and I got shafted with a plunger...yeh wasn't too thrilled about that, but we made out with a cool bar set & salad bowl set so I wasn't too disappointed. After the party we headed to one of the cousins house to watch a movie and play games.

Sunday morning we slept in, it felt so good! I FaceTimed with my sister and parents as they opened their gifts. My fur-nephew was loving his penguin onesie I got for him.


That afternoon I spent watching Hallmark movies in my Christmas PJ's.


We then decided to open gifts, let's just say I think I got plenty spoiled this Christmas. I was expecting nothing this year since we have some huge trips coming up later this year, but hubby surprised me with a beautiful necklace from the same collection as my engagement ring.


After eating dinner at home, hubs and I headed out to the River Oaks neighborhood to check out the lights. Y'all if you are in Houston during the holidays, you have to check out this neighborhood. I totally over-snapped, but I couldn't get enough! The houses were so beautifully decked out with Christmas lights and displays. We decided to park and walk the streets since it was a beautiful and humid evening, plus the car traffic was just too much for me.




**************************************

I hope y'all had an amazing time celebrating and spending time with loved ones. Even though I was missing my family this Christmas, I was thankful to have gotten new traditions started for years to come.

Linking up with Biana for Weekending.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like y'all had a perfectly relaxing Christmas weekend! I'm totally with you wishing that it fell on a weekend because it just seems so much lower key and less stressful. I was loving all of your snaps of River Oaks, and if you can believe it, I have actually never walked around there before at Christmas! I'm thinking that needs to change next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a wonderful Christmas weekend! I'm loving that penguin onesie you got your doggie nephew! :) What are your big trips for 2017? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys had the best Christmas! Love that penguin onesie, I need it for my pup haha! And loving the gorgeous lights! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an amazing christmas! sushi yes yes :) and a necklace to match? perfect! and i swear - i'm not doing white elephant anymore because i always end up with garbage and i give good stuff! ha no more

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sushi looks delicious. And wow, those lights look gorgeous, even from just that one picture! So glad you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete