Thursday, December 29, 2016

2016 Recap: Part 1

Phew it's taken me some time to get my act together with this post, but it's up! Let's just say 2016 was such a crazy busy year for me, but I wouldn't have changed a thing! I definitely had to break it up in separate posts because there was just so much stuff happening especially from months June-August ;)! 

January

-Started the new year off with a family road trip to NY/NJ to go wedding shopping. I managed to find my bridesmaids dresses and wedding dress!

-Peppermint sugar scrubs were DIY'd

-Sissy and I hit up the gym quite a few times, have to start that up again...



February

-Started the month off cheering on the Denver Broncos and Peyton Manning winning SuperBowl 50!

-Got our wedding invites in and fell in love with them!

-Celebrated Galentine's Day for the last time as a single lady with my girls watching Deadpool

-Celebrated 2 years of dating and Valentine's Day with a beautiful bouquet, chocolates and bear from A.



March

-This was the month of DISNEY!!! My sister and I flew to Orlando to hit up Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure...we ate to our hearts content, wore our ears around, played at Hogwarts & met a bunch of princesses.

-Met up with some awesome blogger friends (hi Kate, Kerri & Pamela)

-Got my bridal shower invitations in and fell in love all over again!



April

-Roadtrip #2 with my parents to NY/NJ to finish up wedding shopping.

-Attended the Nordstrom Spring Beauty Trend Cocktail Party and got dolled up by t3 & NARS

-Celebrated A's birthday weekend in Chicago: brunching with my fave couple, went to Lincoln Park Zoo, had some laughs at Laugh Factory Chicago & I got to meet LaRoyce Hawkins from Chicago P.D.

-We celebrated my momma's birthday at our favorite Mexican place



May

-Cinco de Mayo celebrations with yummy Mexican food with my longtime friend

-Saw Loni Love at the Improv Comedy Club with friends

-Celebrated my last Mother's Day with my momma

-Made sushi with my bestie and celebrated another friends birthday

-Painted pottery at Color Me Mine

-Went to a Chocolate Festival

-Spent Memorial Day Weekend in Houston for the last time before officially moving here



June

-Lost my favorite patient ever, she was like a grandma to all of us at the clinic and her death hit us really hard. I still think about her constantly!

-Went paddle boating & kayaking with my sis

-Celebrated my nephew with family and friends

-Quit my favorite job ever at the CHF clinic, leaving behind some amazing co-workers

-Enjoyed my bridal shower!!!

-Celebrated my bestie getting her Masters degree with a fun bbq

-Went to South Beach, Miami for my bachelorette party, best time ever!!

-Saw Gavin DeGraw & The Fray in concert at the Ravinia

-Had a friends summer bbq




**********************************************

There you have the first half of 2016, if you made it through that then hopefully you'll have the energy to make it through part 2 coming tomorrow. It was so fun to look back on all the fun memories from the past year! Can't believe we are so dang close to the end of the year!! 

4 comments:

  1. so much in 6 fast months right?! and i personally loved when you visited hehe. i need to get back to the gym too. isn't that what january is for? haha

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun celebrations and big life changes for you! I'm sure it was bittersweet leaving a job that you loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't believe that 2016 is almost over, it's been a fun and whirlwind of a year! I don't know how you managed to fit so much into the first part of the year while still wedding planning! You definitely made the most of your time in Chicago before your move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you were busy! :) Disney sounds so fun! I haven't been since I was a little girl, but several friends have gone recently and raved about it, so I think I need to plan a return trip!

    ReplyDelete