Wednesday, February 12, 2014

These Are My Confessions...

Confessions, Part 2 by Usher on Grooveshark

Hopefully that got you listening to more Usher songs (because I sure did). Well happy hump day loves! So my bloggy friend Bella has this Confessions link up every Wednesday (and I think you should join her in the fun and let some things off your chest).

Dateless in Dallas



I confess....

I love me some gangsta rap music!

I know it's nothing too profound, but seriously I love that stuff sometimes. I feel so blessed growing up in the 90s when we had such phenomenal music movers and shakers like Tupac, Biggie, Run-DMC, Eazy E, oh man this list could literally go on forever!! I would seriously race home from school to turn on my boombox (remember those bad boys) and listen to all the top songs (this was obvi before Pandora, Spotify, and probs Youtube). I would make sooo many mixtapes of my favorite songs by recording it from my boombox. Now I didn't just love rap music, but hip-hop and r&b were definitely my top faves as well. Even nowadays I will get in my moods and just binge on rap and hip-hop music (it's my favorite thing to listen to while I'm at the gym). I don't think the stuff out now even compares to what was out there in the 90s, but there are some artists that do an amazing job at what they do like Kendrick Lamar, Wale, Jay Z, and J.Cole.

Below, I compiled some of my favorite hits from back in the day:
(in no particular order)

1. Big Poppa- The Notorious B.I.G.
Big Poppa by The Notorious B.I.G. on Grooveshark

2. Regulate- Warren G
Regulate by Warren G on Grooveshark

3. Playas Gon' Play- 3LW
Playas Gon' Play by 3LW on Grooveshark

4. Differences- Ginuwine
Differences by Ginuwine on Grooveshark

5. No Diggity- Blackstreet
No Diggity by Blackstreet on Grooveshark

6. Waterfalls- TLC
Waterfalls by TLC on Grooveshark

7. Ghetto Superstar- Mya
Ghetto Superstar by Mya on Grooveshark

8. Dear Mama- Tupac
Dear Mama by Tupac Shakur on Grooveshark

9. Mo Money Mo Problems- The Notorious B.I.G.
Mo Money Mo Problems by The Notorious B.I.G. on Grooveshark

10. Nuthin' But a G Thang- Dr Dre
Nuthin' but a "G" Thang by Dr. Dre on Grooveshark


What are some of your favorite hits from the 90's and early 2000's?? Got any juicy (or not) confessions you want to get off your chest, head on over to my girl Bella's blog to link up!
 photo MUHsignature_zpsb4f83d4b.png

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl! Differences is my JAM!!!! I really love gangster rap and some old R&B too. It takes me back to those days!

    ReplyDelete