Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Update

Happy Monday as if such a thing exists! Before I get started and forget I am giving away nail polish {of the winner's choice} over on Stephanie's blog! There are also some pretty awesome prizes that ONE winner can win so I highly recommend entering!! 

This weekend was slightly eventful. I was expecting it to be one of those lounge around at home all weekend with not much productivity besides emptying out my Netflix queue. 

My Friday was pretty uneventful, but Saturday morning I woke up bright and early to get ready to go ring shopping with my best friends boyfriend and a few other friends. We made a little outing of it and it ended up being a learning experience as to what I want in a ring, when the time comes of course. It was so exciting being apart of the whole process and I cannot wait until the ring is finished and she gets it on her pretty manicured finger!! 

Afterwards I went home, gathered my things and headed over to my friends place to head out to the city for a night out. We went to a bar to watch the NFL playoffs and let me just say I am SOO happy that the Packers got eliminated so dang early from the playoffs, it was such a great game played by the 49ers! Afterwards we headed out to a bar for a friends birthday. It was a blast, but my friends and I compared ourselves to the HIMYM gang because going out is not the same for us like it used to be a few years back. It was nice to run into people we hadn't seen in a while, but we preferred to stick together and just drink.


The girls!

Birthday girl & I

What was thought to be an early night ended up turning into getting home at 4 am. I haven't done one of those in a loooong time and found it tough to wake up early the next day. 

Sunday called for waking up at noon and watching some great football games. At about 5 pm my TV was tuned into E! for some red carpet action. I love award season and seeing all the celebs dolled up. I think the fashion from the Golden Globes was great and was taking notes while watching. Of course I compiled a list of my hits & misses of the night. Compare your notes if you're as nerdy as me & took some with mine! 

Hits:

Anne Hathaway, Chanel: She looks amazing in this white dress. Her hair and makeup are on point and she kept it simple on jewelry which works for her!

Jennifer Lawrence {or as Kristen Wiig calls her J Law}, Dior Couture: She looks like a million bucks {and a winner, which she was!} The dress looks stunning on her and I love her pop of silver with the clutch and the black belt to break the dress a little. 

Taylor Swift, Donna Karen Atelier: Sigh!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this dress on Tay!! She is showing everyone her sexy side and it totally works for her! I did feel she looked a bit stern during the show, but nonetheless she looks incredible! 

Adele, Burberry: Mama looks hawt!! She looks fantastic for just having a baby less than 3 months ago. Black is always a great color for Adele, but I would love to see some sort of color on her during the award season. So glad she won for best original song for Skyfall, totally well deserved.

Salma Hayek, Gucci: Muy Caliente!! I love this gown on her and it is great at showing off all of her beautiful curves. I like how it is still a black dress, but it has the added shimmer that only Hollywood's finest could pull of. I only have a problem with the bow, but I definitely looked past it because she is stunning in this dress.

Amy Adams, Marchesa: Perfection!! She looks fabulous and if I could pick a dress to wear for myself it would be this one. The pale ballet pink color of the dress actually looks great with her skin tone and her hair compliments the dress perfectly!

Helen Hunt, Dolce & Gabbana: I love this look on Helen. It is just the right amount of shimmer without going overboard. Her hair and makeup looks romantic which completes the look for her.

Jessica Alba, Oscar de la Renta: Ummm hello gorgeous! This color looks amazeballs on Jessica and I'm obsessed with the necklace with this dress. Her hair is on point with the trend of the night with the romantic waves to the side and the only problem I have with the look is the orange furball she is carrying. She should have opted for a simple silver clutch to compliment the look.

Julianne Hough, Monique Lhuillier: Girlfriend is rocking this look!! She looks like a rock princess and I love how the gown is soft and very romantic with the roughness of her rock-type hair-do, love!

Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Vera Wang: I love this dress. Julia is rocking it and it looks like a romantic dress. I love the contrast of black and white under what looks like a tulle material. It is a typical Vera dress and her hair worked superb to make the look.

Misses:

Jessica Chastain, Calvin Klein: I do absolutely love this color and that is just about the only thing I like about this look. Jessica doesn't look very comfortable in this and I don't like how the plunging neckline looks messy.

Zooey Deschanel, Oscar de la Renta: I love Zooey and her whimsical self, but this dress is so ill-fitting and doesn't do anything for her. I think the flare out makes her look heavier than she is and I don't like the Marge Simpson pearl necklace she's rocking. I did however love her film screen manicure she was sporting!

Kerry Washington, Miu Miu: Ok I love Kerry and she looks gorgeous in everything. I think this dress is one of those where people will either love it or not, I'm one of those who does not love it. I do however like her hair and accessories, but I wish she picked a colorful gown rather than going the muted route. Her vintage Movado watch was breathtaking though!

Claire Danes, Versace: I'm really mixed on this look also. I love the dress and how she looks in it, but I'm not a fan of anything else. Her shoes are too matchy-matchy, her makeup needs to be toned down a bit, and she also could have done something different to her hair. She just looked rushed and slightly messy, but of course having a 1 month old could do that to a girl.

Tina Fey, L'wren Scott: Tina is hilarious and was the perfect co-host for the Globes!! I do wish she changed up her dress though. I didn't like this on her especially because she should have been the belle of the ball, since she was hosting and all. I think a deep emerald ball gown would have looked dazzling on her.

Jodie Foster, Giorgio Armani: Love Jodie and even got teary-eyed during her speech and consequent coming out on national television. I did however think this dress was highly unflattering on her. I did like the detailing of the top of the dress and the color, but wish it fit her body better.

Amy Poehler: I love Amy and was so excited to watch her and Tiny be hilarious up on the stage, and they didn't disappoint at all, but I'm not sure what her stylist was thinking. What I was thinking was why she was pulling a Diane Keaton and wearing a pant suit?! She needed to put on a dress, she's a co-host for God's sake! 

Lena Dunham, Zac Posen: I thought this dress was very unflattering and the color didn't look well on Lena. She was a big winner of the night and I just felt like she should have upped her game with her look. Maybe next year she will look like a Golden Globe winning actress.

Well those are my hits & misses for the night. I had many others, but thought these ladies were the popular looks and I can't wait to watch Fashion Police to see if they either agree or disagree with my choices. How about you, what did you think about my choices? Would you change any of my decisions? Sound off below!

Linking up with Leeann and Sami for Weekend Update!! 


Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica Alba was stunning last night at the Globes. I don't think she could ever do wrong, but I loved her jewelry and dress pairing.

    I'm so glad that Tina and Amy were the hosts. I could definitely get used to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't watch the award show, so love your recap!

    ReplyDelete