Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Year Recap

Woohoo!! Happy New Years Eve friends!! I can't fathom that this year is already ending, but I'm ready and excited for what is to come in 2015, so bring it on! I failed at typing this post up earlier and getting it all ready, whoops, I'll try to work on that in the new year and posting more regularly. Anywho, let's recap this past year (p.s. this was so much fun to do and look back at all that has happened, another resolution, document more with pictures in 2015!!)
 
p.p.s. Brace yourselves this is a long post, but I put plenty of pictures to give you visuals :)!
 
January:
 
-Explored and visited my cousin and her family out in Colorado Springs, CO. Also got to play with my nugget nephews and celebrated the younger one turning 1!.
 
 
 
-I bit the bullet and joined match.com yet again. I was super skeptical from my past experiences, but I knew I had to do something to get myself out there. I spoke about some of my dating blunders and fails and did a mini online dating stories series, it was quite entertaining if I don't say so myself. You can read all of them:
 
here // here // here // here
 
-My precious nephew, D, turned 1 and looked adorable doing so.
 

 
February:
 
-Posted about the kind of girl I am
 
-'Met' the love of my life, ironically through match.com (I am proof it does work sometimes). The first post where I talk about our relationship and all of that made me smile because it sounded promising and positive. I actually had serious plans of canceling my subscription the first week of Feb because of all the creeps I met on there (see above dating stories), but I'm glad I held out for another week because 2 days before Valentines Day, A emailed me. Neither him or I knew how far a simple email would have gone...you can read about my giddiness here!
 
 
March:
 
-Participated in the Blogmopolitan Quiz
 
 
-Celebrated St. Patricks Day in the city
 
 
 
 
April:
 
-Posted about my Dream home essentials
 
-My bestie got engaged!!!
 
 
-Celebrated my momma's birthday!
 
 
 
May:
 
-Witnessed my best friend getting legally married at the city courthouse.
 

 
 -Celebrating that legal marriage with dinner and drinks!
 
 
 
-Won an awesome giveaway for $200 to Stella & Dot, picked up some awesome loot.
 
 
Showcasing the rings, swoon!
-Threw a bridal shower for my now former friend.
 

-Watched my baby sister graduate college!!
 
 
 
June:
 
 
 
-New Orleans aka the best trip ever!!
 

 
 
July:
 
-Attended my former friends' wedding/was a bridesmaid for the first time (unfortunately it was a horrible experience. Still I had fun with my other best friends who were in attendance as well.
 

 
-Took my licensing exam (and passed) to become a certified medical assistant!
 
 
-Explored Wisconsin Dells (waterpark capital of the world) with my cousins and sis!
 
 
 
August:
 
-Got asked by my bestie to be one of her bridesmaids (and it was in the cutest way too!)
 
 
-Took my gramps out for his birthday at Cheesecake Factory.
 
 
 
-Went to the One Direction concert at Soldier Field (not even ashamed to admit this because I had a blast, plus it was my 26th birthday!)
 
SO.CLOSE!

 
 
-Of course, I turned 26!! I read somewhere that it's the morbidity year (where you start thinking more about death) and even with some health scares this year and some lifestyle changes, I couldn't be happier and more myself this year! 26 feels and looks good on me!
 
 
 
September:
 
-I totally failed at blogging this month. I had plans to, but I had a serious case of writer's block this month.
 
-A came to Chicago for the first time in his life. I had a blast showing him around the city and even exploring the suburbs and going on dates like a normal couple (pretending we weren't doing the long distance thing for 4 days).
 

 
-I did manage to film a makeup routine vlog in between the sucking at blogging thing (p.s. these are so incredibly hard to do, I don't know how to edit video so I had like 30 different takes on my computer, I commend vloggers!!)
 
 
-I finally had the opportunity to have a blate with Kate & Emily and we had delicious deep dish pizza and yummy drinks. We soaked in the gorgeous weather and chatted, they are such sweethearts and I can't wait to hopefully visit them down in Florida sometime soon!!
 
 
 
October:
 
-I started the month off by having my first interview in almost 3 years. Needless to say the interview went well and I'm in that current job now. I was a ball of nerves because I wasn't sure what they were going to ask/expect/etc.
 
 
-Celebrated my cousin's baby at her adorable baby shower!
 
 
Selfies with the fam
 
-I blogged almost every single day in October with Helene & Taylor I absolutely loved their prompts and it was fun so it made posting and linking up fun and easy!
 
-Totally (didn't) celebrate Halloween, but I threw on my cat ears and drew some whiskers on my face to head to Chipotle to get my boorito!
 
My go-to Halloween outfit
 
November:
 
-I ran my very first 5K with minimul (see:none) training and got to indulge in hot chocolate and fondue after it was done!
 

My running buddies!
-I flew to Houston {1}{2} to visit A, explore his city and met his parents! (The first visit with his parents didn't exactly go as well as I would like, I ended up getting sick half way through dinner and decided not to tell anyone until it was too late...stubborness in me, but the second time around went wayyy better).
 


 
-I celebrated Thanksgiving with my family and even scored some stuff on sale on Black Thursday Friday (I didn't shop until after midnight).
 
 
 
December:
 
-I started by getting my Christmas decor up (it actually happened in Nov, but whose keeping track).
 
 
-I picked songs for best & worst of 2014. Can't wait to see what the world of music has in store for 2015, but I hear the Biebs is making a comeback, I hope that's just a nasty rumor!
 
 

-Celebrated a late Friendsgiving.
 
 
 
-Missed these two nuggets so much!
 
 
 
-Got to meet my favorite new baby, Niam!
 

 
 
2014 was such a worldwind roller coaster ride, but I wouldn't have changed a thing. I learned so much about myself and grew as a result of it. I got rid of some toxic 'friendships' and met an incredible human being that I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with (soon enough). All the highs and the lows have gotten me to where I am today and I know I am ready to start 2015 and see what it has up it's sleeve for me!
 
 
 photo MUHsignature_zpsb4f83d4b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment