Monday, January 12, 2015

Golden Globes 2015 {Best Dressed}

Wowzers, I had so much fun doing my 'homework' watching the Golden Globes red carpet last night. So many stunning actors walking the red carpet and I definitely noticed some fashion trends last night. Red, metallic, white and statement jewelry were some hot options for the stars at the first big award show of 2015. Last night got me super excited to see what the stars will be showcasing on the red carpet for the Grammy's, SAG awards, and finally The Oscars! I thought because I had a ton of picks for both best and worst dressed (I even have the 'I'm not sure how I feel about this look' category) I'd break it up into 2 separate posts. So come back tomorrow to see my picks for the worst dressed at the Golden Globes. Also, did anyone notice the number of women that were showing off their personal globes?!
 
Best Dressed:

 1. Amal Alamuddin in Christian Dior Couture-Mrs. George Clooney can hold her own!
2. Helen Mirren- 69 years old and she can flaunt it better than the young stars
3. Dakota Johnson in Chanel
4. Amy Adams in Versace
5. Gina Rodriguezin Badgley Mischka- She looks so happy and flawless
6. Greer Grammer- Not sure who she's wearing, but that dress is gorgeous on her!
7. Anna Kendrick-She looks so etheral and elegant
8. Emily Blunt in Michael Kors
9. Chrissy Teigen-This lace dress is perfection on Mrs. John Legend
10. Heidi Klum in Versace-This is probably one of her best red carpet looks, still don't know what she was doing at the Golden Globes, but oh well.
 11. Naomi Watts in Gucci-Absolutely loved her Bulgari necklace!!
12. Leslie Mann-I love the emerald accents she paired with this lemon colored dress, just perfect
13. Kate Beckinsale in Ellie Saab-Love love love this look, she hardly does wrong on the red carpet
14. Jennifer Aniston in Saint Laurent-Love the simplicity of the look, she pulls it off well
15. Jenna Dewan Tatum-This pale yellow is just flawless on her skin and goes well with her darker locks
16. Quvenzhone Wallis in Giorgio Armani-Wow, for a child actress she really works the red carpet. Also Armani made this dress custom, how awesome!
17. Kate Hudson in Versace- Love the cutout and plunging neckline, she makes it look very classy
18. Julia Louis Dreyfus-White was all over the carpet last night and she looks elegant and classy
19. Lorde in Narciso Rodriguez-I was shocked to see Lorde in something so simple, but it made her look mature and it was a great look for the Globes
20. Jessica Chastain in Atelier Versace
21. Salma Hayek in Alexander McQueen- I love this look, but would ditch the flower in the hair
22. Taylor Schilling in Ralph Lauren-It can be hard to do red well on the carpet, but she does it well. Wish she did something differently with her hair though.
23. Reese Witherspoon in Calvin Klein-This is one of my most favorite looks of the night. So effortless and flawless!


Top 3 best dressed:

Kate Beckinsale

Reese Witherspoon

Greer Grammer


So what are your guys' thoughts? Do you agree or disagree with any of my picks? Leave me some comments below with your thoughts!

 
 photo MUHsignature_zpsb4f83d4b.png

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love all your picks and could not agree more on Helen Mirren - she looked FLAWLESS!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these. The dresses last night were incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dakota Johnson's sparky Chanel dress the best! I agree with those three ugly yellow dresses but maybe I'm just not a fan of yellow...I did, however, love Kate Hudson's white dress and thought it looked great on her!

    ReplyDelete