Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekending

Hello! Man does it suck to come back to work (on a holiday nonetheless) after an extended weekend. I had taken Thur-Sun off since A was going to be here and boy am I glad I did, I needed those days off. We kept it pretty low key this time around since we had done the sight-seeing stuff the first time he was here. He flew in Wednesday evening and I thought it would be cute to do a nice fancy dinner and celebrate an early Valentine's Day since we won't be together for it. We went to The Melting Pot and had an amazing 4 course meal. It was both of our first times there and we had such a fun time just chatting and actually being on a date, ha! The one thing that I was bad about (like always) was documenting with pictures. I did get a yummy picture of our dessert though!
 

 
The next day, we headed to Targs and the mall to pick up some last minute gifts for our super duper late Friendsmas. Alas, I have no pictures from that night, but I will say there were tons of foods, plenty of games (cards against humanity), and jokes for days. We decided to do our gifts white elephant style and A & I's gifts were the big hits of the night. Mine was a movie lovers package with 2 movies, movie theater candy, popcorn in a cute basket. A's gift was trival pursuit, which I was trying to steal back, but ended up without it at the end. One of my friends made it interesting by saying if we wanted to "steal" a gift, we had to compete in a minute to win it style game, hilarity ensued. I ended the night with an awesome coffee lover's package filled with a cute mug, hot cocoa, and 2 bags of archer farms coffee! Here's the mug the following day already getting use out of it.

 
Friday we spent the afternoon looking at a venue that I adore (and now A loves it too) to have our wedding next year, eek!! I really love this place and hopefully we can book it sometime this year, the staff is amazing there. Just look at some of the weddings they've held there!
 

 
(photo taken from the website)

From there we relaxed at home until dinner time when we went to eat yummy deep dish pizza (and chocolate chip cannoli), then watch the movie American Sniper. I realllllllly recommend watching this movie, it was probably the best one I've seen in a long time. Bradley Cooper was amazing as portraying Chris and his story was touching and definitely emotional.



Had to snap a bathroom selfie in this cute bathroom!


 
Saturday was the big day where A was going to meet my extended family. Now he met my parents the first time he was here, but meeting my family I was a bit scared. My family can be loud and outspoken so I was worried about what they were going to say or do, luckily for me they all really love me and were on their best behavior. They all came up to me individually throughout the night and expressed how much they liked A and thought him and I were perfect together. That made me really happy to know that they all loved him, which I knew they would anyway. Having my cousins there to meet him was also great, we spent the night playing board games and more cards against humanity before calling it a night. I'm so bummed I didn't get a picture of my baked cheese and bean enchiladas that I made, but they did turn out super delicious and were so simple to make (I'll post a recipe tomorrow).
 
Sunday was the last morning I was going to see A until April and I was sad about it, but we soaked in some time just watching some tv and grabbing lunch before his flight. I couldn't let him leave without just one more picture (I keep telling him we need to get better at taking more pictures, but we always fail at it).
 
 
I dropped him off to the airport and relaxed the rest of the day watching the Seahawks beat the Packers and Patriots obliterate the Colts, can't wait until Superbowl weekend!! Go Pats! Later that evening, my mom, sister and I went out to our favorite mexican spot for a late birthday dinner for my sissy. It was delicious and I graciously passed out as soon as I got home!

 
Even more exciting than the food, was the fact that I found superrrrrrr cheap tickets to Houston for April when I'm going and I cannot wait to spend an entire week in my future city with my boyfriend!
 
 
I know we are going to try to look for some houses while I'm there and take a mini getaway to Galveston!! I'm so excited :)!!

Linking up with Biana for weekending and for weekend recap with Lisa & Bella.

 photo MUHsignature_zpsb4f83d4b.png

2 comments:

  1. Yayyyy for long weekends, especially weekends spent with the one you love. I'm glad you guys had such a great weekend together even looking at venues (whoo hoo!). The Melting Pot and Cards Against Humanity sound like the perfect weekend :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting girlie! The venue looks gorgeous and all that yummy food! I want to go see American Snipper.

    ReplyDelete