Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Golden Globes 2015 {Worst Dressed/Undecided}

Hey readers! So I'm back today to fill y'all in on my picks for worst dressed from the Golden Globes from Sunday evening. If you missed my best dressed catch up here!
 
So with the worst dressed, I picked a few for different reasons. I was kind of disappointed with certain folks because they are gorgeous and they just didn't pick the right dress to flatter their bodies.
 
Worst Dressed:
 
 1. Amy Poehler in Stella McCartney- For being one of the hosts (and looking awesome on stage) this was a horrible red carpet dress for her. The bunching in the middle doesn't do anything for her rocking body. It just seems so covered up and doing nothing for her shape.
 
2. Emma Stone in Lanvin-I don't hate this look, but I do hate it for the Globes. I think this would have been better at the SAG awards or a movie premiere.
 
3. Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad- Again, I don't hate this dress, but I do think she messed it up by being too matchy matchy. The nails, clutch, jewelry, and shoes shouldn't all match. Also her hair is just dreadful.
 
4. Diane Kruger- She just looks so blah in this. The top half doesn't look like it fits her that well, but the dress is pretty nice besides that.
 
5. Julianna Margulies in Ulyana Sergeenko- Now she is either a hit or miss with me and this was just eh. I don't like the length and her hair with the dress just doesn't work. Her shoes are pretty though.
 
6. Claire Danes in Valentino- This was another ill fitting gown. The mesh part is just saggy and the full on floral is just too much.
 
 7. Keira Knightly in Chanel- I looooove her hair and makeup, but the dress doesn't do anything for her. Even with her baby bump she looks great and she should have chosen a gown to showcase that better.
 
8. Kate Mara- This is just bad. The red is just blah and the belt looks like a gait belt (used to hoist elder people up). She could have done way better than this.
 
9. Kerry Washington- I don't get the appeal of this length. It makes her look shorter than she actually is. The two-tone color is just wrong too. She's even two-tone in the shoes (different colors than the gown).
 
10. Lena Dunham in Zac Posen- I wonder if she even got fitted for this gown because it is just awful. I don't know who her stylist is, but she should fire whoever that is. The shoes just made it worse.
 
11. Katie Holmes in Marchesa- So this is a great color and I love her hair, but the fact that she couldn't have gotten this steamed before walking the red carpet just bothers me enough to put her on the worst dressed list. Come on Katie!
 
12. Kristen Wiig- Seriously when I first saw this I wondered if she ran out of time and grabbed an old curtain. I don't get the concept of this as a choice for her, why just why!
 
13. Rosamund Pike in Vera Wang- For just having a baby, she looks fantastic, but this dress is so wrong for her. The top just fits so awkwardly and I was worried that her 'globes' would pop out at any moment. She has a great figure and could have found a more flattering dress.
 
14. Lupita Nyong'o in Giambattista Valli- This is another ill fitting dress. The midsection does nothing for her shape. She did so well on the carpets last year, I was hoping for a repeat, hopefully she does better at the Oscars.
 
15. Melissa McCarthy- Ok, she looked FAB at the People's Choice Awards, I was hoping she would show off her incredible weight loss in a gorgeous gown. This, this is just awful. The tiers of ruffles and the big bow are just awful paired together.
 
16. Zosia Mamet in Andrew Gn- I think she tried matching her dress with her hair color. This is just bad and for a young actress on a big hit show, this is just bad.
 
17. Patricia Arquette- The big bow on the shoulder just takes this from ok to bad. It also looks pretty wrinkly, not sure if it's just the fabric or what.
 
18. Tina Fey in Berardi- I actually love every thing about this look from her knee up. I don't understand why she didn't have them alter that part. She definitely looked better hosting.
 
 
Top 3 worst dressed:
 
Lena Dunham
 
Kate Mara
 
Kerry Washington
 
(These were 3 hard ones to narrow down because there were some others I could have easily chosen to join them)
 
 
Now I had a few looks that I just couldn't decide on whether or not they should end up on the best or worst, so I made a separate category for them...
 
Undecided:
 
1. Camila Alves- For being a gorgeous model, this just fits her wrong. I do like her hair, makeup and accessories though and the color of the dress is quite flattering, just wish the fit were different.
 
2. Katherine Heigl in Zac Posen- I love everything about this until you get to the bottom. The strange high-low thing going on is just bad. If this just ended normally this would be on the best dressed. Her hair looks spectacular though.
 
3. Julianne Moore in Givenchy Couture- Ok so I looooove the metallic and the ombre with the feather detail at the bottom. I just feel like the top half leaves little to be desired. I'm not sure if she should have done something differently with her hair or something, but it's just off for me.
 
4. Allison Williams in Armani Prive- Now The dress is pretty great, but the way it's styled I was iffy on. Her hair just is weird and her makeup makes her look like she may have had some work done. She stated that she felt like a woman after playing Peter Pan and I agree she looks like a woman, but her face is almost unrecognizable for me.
 
 
Ok so there you have it my picks for the best, worst, and undecided looks from the Golden Globes. What do you or don't you agree on with me? Leave them in the comments below!
 photo MUHsignature_zpsb4f83d4b.png

2 comments:

  1. Loveeeeee Emma Stone, but what on earth was she thinking going with a romper/pant suit instead of a gown?! And J-Lo just needs to stop trying to go for the outrageous/sharing too much look. Girlfriend looks awesome for her age, but enough is enough... we get it :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you include JLo on this list. I feel like I'm the only one that wasn't a fan. I know you liked the dress but I just wasn't feeling it. I think it's great that she looks so amazing at 43 or however old she is but I would have liked to see her in something a little more classy. I loved Katie Holmes but I totally see where you're coming from with the steamer. I loved Diane Kruger though. I thought she looks gorgeous. Biggest disappoint: definitely Keira Knightley. I was really hoping for something better for her, especially being pregnant.

    ReplyDelete