Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday Faves | The One Before Easter

Hey friends, TGIF!! This week has gone by fairly quickly, but I'm glad that it's Friday and it's a half day.  Let's get onto the faves...linking up with Amanda!

favorite trailer


I was so excited to finally see the trailer for the new Bridget Jones's movie. I really hope it's as good as the others were. Can we talk about how great Renee Zellweger looks too?!


favorite song


This song has been a favorite of mine for a few weeks now. Everytime I hear it I love it more and more. The video is of course strange lol.


favorite purchase


I'm trying really hard to up my beauty game and wanted to get more comfortable with highlighting and contouring. After trying out a few different brands, I found one that is so good guys! And even better it doesn't break the bank at only $20, plus it's super easy to use! I'll link the products I used before and give a little blurb on it below.

This one was actually a great consistency, but the darker color was too dark orange for my liking, considering I got this in the light palette there was no going lighter on that shade. The cream consistency was easy to blend and a little went a long way.

Ok guys, I usually love Anastasia products, but this was a total dud. I should have read the reviews before purchasing, thank god for easy returns. I found out that I don't care for a powder when it comes to sculpting, cream is just easier to use. I read terrible reviews for the Anastasia Cream Contour palette, so I didn't bother.

So I didn't technically buy this palette, but after reading about it on Meg's blog I wanted to see what the hype was about. Luckily, a Sephora MUA was free and put it on me. Although I really liked the different shade options, I just wasn't keen on a powder consistency. If this palette ever comes out in cream, I'll definitely be picking it up!

If you guys need any tips on how to do natural looking contouring, definitely check out Meg's video on highlighting & contouring.






favorite pins









Alright lovebugs, hope you have a fabulous Easter weekend!!

13 comments:

  1. I saw the trailer for bridget jones this week and I am so excited for it to come out!! She looks so good in the trailer and I have to be honest - I love Mark Darcy!! I love that striped dress with the utility jacket - need to recreate that look asap!! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fashion pins - especially the stripes and plaid! I need to watch that contouring video - I still haven't figured it out. Have a great weekend - enjoy your half day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek, I still haven't attempted the highlight/contour train yet. I really should though! And loving all those outfits, so cute! Happy Friday! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new Bridget Jones movie!?!? I didn't know that. Yay!!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all those spring outfits, gimme all the stripes and florals! I'm such a dunce when it comes to highlighting and contouring so you'll have to teach me your ways! Happy Easter Weekend gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful spring outfits, love the colors. And the first funny is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE all those pins! I use a highlighter, but contouring is wayyyy outta my league haha. Have a great Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the floral shorts outfit is adorable.
    OMG BRIDGET JONES!! I am so excited. I haven't read the 3rd book but I heard it's nothing like the book thank goodness because of what she did (don't want to spoil it if you haven't heard).
    i am trying to up my makeup game as well. i just bought a drugstore product similar to the sephora one, if it doesn't work, i will try the sephora one. have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for the new Bridget Jones! I love the fact that they're doing sequels to some of the movies I loved in the early 2000s. And hooray for finding a new contour applicator that's not super expensive! That's always the best when it's high quality and doesn't break the bank! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those outfits are amazing I just pinned one.. why can't I put pieces together like that?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of your fashion pins-I need that striped dress and floral skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will have to try that sephora highlighter. I was just cued in on Wet N'Wild contour palette and it's actually great and cheap. I also enjoy your #drumpf post. Perfection. http://mymonochromaticlife.com

    ReplyDelete