Monday, March 28, 2016

Weekending | Spring Cleaning Galore

Happy Monday friends! I hope all of you had a wonderful Easter Sunday celebrating with your loved ones. I didn't do a whole lot this weekend because it was entirely dedicated to spring cleaning! I woke up Saturday morning with excitement because the thought of cleaning and purging clothes has never felt so good. Between my sister and I, we filled 4 huge boxes of clothes to be donated to Goodwill and having my closet be a little lighter feels great.



The cleaning weekend didn't stop there, on Sunday my parents and I tackled the garage to make room for various wedding stuff that has taken over the basement. I feel like this weekend refreshed me and makes me excited for the next few months. 



The next step is to purge some of my nail polishes because god knows I'm a hoarder of those suckers and they can't all come to Houston with me. I'm happy with the progress I made, but I have such a long way to go with the cleaning/purging.

I also did the adult thing and filed my taxes this weekend. Woohoo, let's just say I would have been happier to see a bigger check making it's way to my bank account, but it was disappointing. But it's done and over with, until next year taxes!



Of course I caught up on more episodes of Gilmore Girls and started watching this new show called Crowded, it's a funny new sitcom and can't wait to catch more episodes! 



Linking up with Biana for weekending!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, 4 boxes of clothes to donate? You all should be so proud! I definitely need to continue my spring cleaning. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl i am just now on season 3 of GG. ha. i'll get there someday! anyway, that is AWESOME you had such a productive weekend - i need to get one of those stat. getting rid of things is so liberating! you're inspiring me for sure. happy monday!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, cleaning things out feels sooooo good, right?! So awesome you were able to get rid of that much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We finished our taxes this weekend too - such a huge relief lol!! I know what you mean about purging clothes - it does feel amazing! Now if only I could do that with my purses lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOHOO, I knew the purge was coming, great work! It's so nice to watch things leave the house and it feels sooooo clean afterwards. Doing taxes is no fun, boo to adulting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow nice! You had such a productive weekend! I really need to do a serious closet and makeup purge. Maybe I'll do that this weekend! And yay for tax returns! I wish I was getting one! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. We did some spring cleaning this weekend too and it felt SO nice! I felt so productive at the end of it all haha.
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! A good purge always feels super refreshing and uplifting I think. Especially to get more room for wedding presents haha.
    At least you got money back on your taxes...so be thankful for that. We originally thought we might owe money but found out this weekend we're getting some back so we were VERY happy with the amount rather than owing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a super productive spring cleaning weekend, yay for Goodwill donations and wedding gifts/supplies taking over the house! So close gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for a weekend filled with getting stuff done! Filing your taxes is definitely the worst, and I miss the days when I used to get a refund check :( At least you're done though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When do you plan on making the big move? Cleaning out the closet does feel good even though it's harder to part with some things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE spring cleaning! Especially getting rid of clothes that I don't wear anymore or more often that don't fit anymore! lol

    I'm so excited that you're moving to Houston! If you have any questions about the city at all feel free to ask me! :) I've been here almost two years and love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete