Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Highlighting & Contouring |Natural and Easy|

Hey lovebugs! I have been wanting to do a beauty post for some time and after experimenting with contouring and highlighting I decided why not. I really tried doing a vlog for you guys, but my mom kept interrupting me and I just felt awkward the whole time. Plus the lighting in my room was awful, so it just wasn't in the cards. I give hella credit to the beauty vloggers!



By no means am I an expert on this, I've just been binge watching a billion Youtube videos to gain different tips and tricks on how to master this. I also wanted an easy to follow routine that would look super natural for everyday wear.

So my usual makeup routine consists of moisturizer, eye cream, primer, foundation & concealer. After this I make sure to set my makeup with the Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder.

 After setting my makeup, I warm up my face with the new product Honest Beauty Luminizing Powder in dusk reflection, this works great as a light bronzer with a tiny bit of shine to it. I love the texture of it and it's so buttery!



The brushes I use to set and contour is the Real Techniques Core Collection & Setting Brush. I love how high quality these brushes are with soft bristles that aren't harsh on your skin.

My biggest suggestion is to go to Sephora and get yourself the Highlight Lowlight Face Contour Duo by Sephora. This bad boy comes in 4 different shades. I was almost put off by some of the reviews with the comments saying the highlight color was too dark and the contour color was too orange. I honestly think it's based on your skin tone and undertones, I found that the medium worked great on me and like both colors for my skin tone.


I love how the highlight really makes my skin look more awake and refreshed. The contouring side really gives a soft sculpt which is just what I need for everyday. 

I topped my cheeks off with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Radiant Magenta and to polish the look, I put on the Smashbox Be Legendary Matte Lipstick in Jam On It.

Do you contour or highlight? What products do you absolutely love, spill below!!

15 comments:

  1. girl you're a pro! i don't even know how to put foundation on so i'd be horrid at this haha. i agree - i could never do a vlog but i have debated it!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a good job! I like the before picture hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang girl! You're awesome at this! I still have not even come close to mastering the art of highlighting and contouring. I don't think I ever will either! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job girl!! I will definitely scoop the duo up from Sephora! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips, you look awesome! I love highlighting, but I'm no pro. I really want to try a vlog but I'm afraid I'll end up getting too frustrated, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! I definitely need to scoop up the duo at Sephora *our happy place* <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a pro at this!! H&C is something I'm still trying to master.. my husband makes fun of me every time when I have the lines drawn all over my face, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous girl! this is awesome. i will definitely try the sephora one if the nyx one doesn't work, i still haven't tried it yet, but you definitely make it look super easy and actually understandable lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wanna just come over and do my makeup???! haha you did perfect!!! I try to highlight & contour and sometimes it works and sometimes I get too contour crazy and have to tone it down haha but highlighting is my favorite part!! it really does make such a difference!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have ALWAYS wondered how to do this. I'll have to stop at the new Sephora that opened up =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! I have attempted to contour and highlight a bit, but haven't had the best luck! Yours looks awesome, though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I needed this guide because I've never got the hang of where needs to be highlighted and low-lighted and it looks like you've figured out the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome job! You look beautiful! I'm all about natural contouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did such a good job with the contouring and that it all looks so natural! I'll definitely have to keep that Sephora duo in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this looks amazing! I've never learned how to contour and love how natural and awesome it looks with you! Good job!

    ReplyDelete