Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Spring Goals | Being Accountable

Hey kit-kats! I've been mentally making a list of goals in my head and figured I'd put it on paper, so to speak. They aren't lofty goals because I don't like failure, so I'll keep them fairly basic. Do you set goals for yourself? What are some that you have set?

[one] Exercise.
So this one has already been working out good. I'm glad I have my sister to push me out of bed to get me to the gym on my days off because lord knows I would definitely choose sleep over gym 9 times out of 10. I am loving how I feel when I am working out and afterwards, so that's a good thing! 



[two] Drink more water.
I think it's hard to put a number value on this one. I've never really been a water drinker, I've definitely been trying, but it's hard to with my job. I have a water bottle at my desk, but when it's empty once, I usually don't have time to fill it up. I need to quit making excuses and just get better at this!



[three] Curb the spending.
I swear this is the hardest thing for me. I have a problem and knowing how I need to save for the wedding, honeymoon, future house, and a new car...it's becoming more apparent that I can't continue on spending the way I am. Now I really justify if and why I need something which has helped me put things back on more than one account.



[four] Clean!
I'm slowly in the process of moving my stuff to Houston via my fiance. Starting to do this is a daunting process, but I know this is the best time to purge stuff that I don't need slash don't wear anymore. This is gonna be more than therapeutic and I start the process with my mom next weekend. I'm hoping that the purging makes it possible to transport my things in just a few trips without paying a whole lot for baggage fees...fingers crossed! 



[five] Be more present.
It's crazy to think that in less than 4 months I'll have moved from everything that is home and familiar to me. I'm excited for the adventure, but with it sneaking up on me so quickly I'm realizing there are things I won't be around for anymore at home. Not only with my family, but with my friends who I'm so close with. I'm trying to schedule as many fun things as possible before my move. 

Ok, I think this is a solid place to stop. Hopefully putting it on the blog holds me accountable and helps me achieve these goals! 

9 comments:

  1. I love those questions to ask for decluttering! “Would you buy it now if you were shopping” is such a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to all of these! I've been trying to exercise and drink more water. The water thing is hard. I swear I need to move my office to right outside the bathroom. LOL! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh so much #5 but really all of them. i really need to up my exercising, i'm such a slacker. it's hard after working 10-12 hour days. blah. but i know - just an excuse. you go girl!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals, lady! You've got this! And #5 is fabulous. Just being present is such an amazing feeling when you don't let worry of other things take you away from what you are doing :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exercise and drinking more water are two things I am trying to work on, too! Good luck with the purging...so awesome that your mom will be helping. Hopefully she will help you stick to keeping only what you really like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to drink more water too.. and I love the goal to be more present. Life goes by slower that way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such great goals for this spring! Totally agree with you about the feeling better when you work out (and I love that Legally Blonde quote!), and the water is another one that should strive for as well! I definitely don't drink enough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Setting achievable goals is smart so you don't set yourself up to fail. I need someone like your sister to push me in the mornings. I can never get up early for workouts. Just love my sleep too much. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving all of these, especially #5 which is something I need to work on for sure. And lol at drink all the water, pee all the time. Story of my life :-P
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete