Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Little Bit of This & That

Happy Thursday everyone! This post is gonna feel kinda all over the place since that's how I have been feeling the past week or so. My procrastination has been off the hook lately and it couldn't be at the worst possible time. The past few weeks I have been hanging out with a lot of my really good friends from high school as much as possible because either their leaving for school or just coming back from travels. Although it has been such a blast going and hanging out, it really is taking a toll on me. 

I start classes up again next week and have nothing really ready, bad of me I know. Not only with that, but I need to get blog stuff more on schedule because I always wait until the last minute for things like this last minute post. The next few weeks are going to be the most fun weeks, in my opinion, but the craziest/busiest. I start classes on Wednesday, leave for Vegas on the 25th, come back home for a few days and I'm off on a road trip to NYC for 2 weeks! My family and I usually go to NYC at least once a year since we have a ton of family & friends up there, but this time around we are going for a close family friends wedding which I couldn't be more excited for. We are also planning on driving up to Niagra Falls since we will be in New York already, and I haven't been there since I was a baby so that's going to be a lot of fun. So you kind of got a glimpse as to why I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, but my after work naps are not helping me out. 

On the blog I have some exciting things happening, while I'm in Vegas I will have a few of my favorite bloggers writing some guest posts for me to keep you all entertained and will most definitely do a recap of my time in Vegas. I will also be looking for some guest posters to fill in some of the days that I'm in New York, so if you are interested go ahead and send me an email {makeupHER@gmail.com} and we can set that up! 

This past week I did a little shopping {and didn't make my wallet completely hate me} and I wanted to just share some of the great things I got on my shopping trip! 



{} Blue necklace from NY&Co
I got this for a steal, the original price was $22.94 and it was 70% off plus my friend's 15% teacher discount, so I only ended up paying $5.85!


{} Gold & black long chain necklace from H&M only $4.95!


{} Jessica Simpson fold-over clutch/cross body bag in hot pink from TJ Maxx only $19.99!


{} Brown wedges from NY&Co 
Again, these were originally priced at $46.94, but marked 70% off and my friend's 15% teacher discount put this at only $11.97!



{} Leopard print infinity scarf from H&M only $9.95!

All in all I'm very proud of myself, I spent under $60 {with taxes} on all these awesome accessories! I know I will get a ton of use from all these items because they are all pieces that could be mixed with so many things. If you have any questions about any of the items, just leave them in the comments! 

Alright, well that's all I have to say today, so I'll leave you with some of my favorite songs of the moment {some old, some new}!!


Gloriana- {Kissed You} Good Night


Mat Kearney- Ships In The Night


Ne Yo- Let Me Love You

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

  1. VERY successful shopping trip in my opinion!! :-) I wish I had an NY&Co near me, they always have such cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I need to visit NY&Co today while at the mall! Love the necklace and shoes!

    www.domesticatedworkingwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vegas is definitely my favorite vacation spot in the US, I've been there more than 6 times, you're going to have a blast!! And NYC is my home, I miss it so much, give it a hug for me when you're there. :) LOVE Gloriana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great steals! I love it all! Esp. the leopard scarf, wedges and blue necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great shopping trip!! I have an NY&Co credit card (dangerous!) so I always feel like I get the BEST deals there. The scarf is gorgeous. I may have to go find it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted the leopard scarf so bad... but I already have one!

    ReplyDelete