Sunday, December 9, 2012

Let's Get Social!

Happy Sunday! Currently I'm browsing the outlet mall with my girlfriends getting the majority of my Christmas shopping done, so thank god for scheduled posts! I'm linking up with the wonderful ladies Neely and Ashley for a little Sunday Social time! 


Sunday Social
1. Fave holiday movies/TV specials?
Love watching Elf, Home Alone, Love Actually, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and a lot of those super cheesy Christmas movies on Hallmark channel and Lifetime!

2. Do you do any volunteering during the holidays, if so what? If not, what would you do?
Every year at work we have a holiday assistance program where each department brings gifts and food items all wrapped up and in baskets and it is given to employees that need a little help around the holidays and families in the community. It's a little way we all give back and we have fun in the process! 

3. Favorite toy received as a child for the holidays?
I love Disney movies and my favorite one was Aladdin so the best toy my parents got me was my very own Jasmine stuffed doll. I loved getting her and carried her everywhere with me, she still hangs out in my room!


4. What was your must have item in high school for the holidays?
My own telephone line and phone for my room! It was back before I had a cellphone of my own and I needed to be able to talk to my friends on the phone while simultaneously chatting on AIM! 

5. Item you begged for the most and never got?
I always wanted the Barbie beach house. My younger cousin was the one who had all the cool Barbie toys and I was super jealous of it and my parents never got me that Barbie house, but every year I asked for it until I got too old to want it anymore. {When & if I have a daughter, she will get the coolest Barbie toys!}


6. What do you do on Christmas eve?
Most years all of us cousins just get together to exchange our gifts, bake goodies, and watch countless Christmas movies all night long. It's really the only time we get to really let loose and enjoy ourselves together since a lot of us are busy with work and school!

What were/are some of your favorite gifts and items you lusted over?
Any fun plans for Christmas?
Leave links in the comments below!

3 comments:

  1. I love Love Actually. That's one of the best movies of all time. I never got my own phone line too! That used to be a huge deal but now kids have cell phones ha! Makes me feel super old. Great post. We should start thinking about the next blog meetup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and am your newest follower... maybe you'd like to hop on over and follow me back? ;-)

    xoxo-
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Actually is such a great Christmas movie! I watched the Holiday last weekend - forgot how much I loved that one too!

    ReplyDelete