Thursday, December 6, 2012

Life Lately

Hey friends! I wanted to do a quick post today {I feel like they have all been quick lately, but that's what the holiday season will do for you}. I've been quite the busy bee finishing up this last semester, only a week left until I'm on break until Jan 16th! I can't wait to not have to worry about homework assignments, quizzes, studying, etc. Next semester I start theory and lab along with my externship in March and I couldn't be more excited to get hands on!! Work has also been crazy, we've been busy since the end of the year is quickly approaching. 

I have not done too much of my Christmas shopping, but I have gotten a few secret Santa gifts all done and shipped out. While I was at the mall doing some shopping over the weekend, I stopped by Godiva and picked up their dark chocolate decadence shake {which is amazeballs by the way} and my free truffle for the month! 


I also stopped by Toys R' Us to get my cute little nephew his Christmas gift. I had a really hard time shopping for him because I'm not sure what he likes at this age. Also I don't know what he already has, cons of living in diff states, but I think I picked some great toys. What do you think, is it age appropriate for a 2 1/2 year old?!



His dad is in the air force and he is big into cars/trains/motorcycles/etc, pretty much anything with wheels he loves. I figured getting him the jet from Cars would be a nice reflection on his pops air force life and isn't that Mickey the cutest! 

The next part of my life I suppose I can do an update about is my love life. So things between N & I are going swimmingly. He has been super busy during the week in rotations and weekends are the only time we have been getting to really get some conversations out, but the texts throughout the days make it go by. He sent me this text a few weeks ago and I was smiling from ear to ear. The context behind the text is I was talking about how I am learning more about fractions, decimals, metrics during my one class this semester than I ever did in elementary school and how it will help me out when I need to teach my kids. He on the other hand said he doesn't remember a lot of math and I suggested I could tutor his kids in the future. So this is what the text said:


Disregard the ghetto fabulousness of the picture of my text, I'm not high tech enough for the iPhone quite yet, so this is my "screenshot". He is the sweetest thing and knows just the right things to say to make my day go better and make me smile awkwardly {in a good way though}. 

So hopefully you guys got a little glimpse into my life lately. What's going on with you guys lately?! Leave your comments and links in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. Sooooo happy for you! What a cute text that probably sent your heart pounding!

    ReplyDelete