Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Dating Stories...Wait Are They Over?

Hi friends!! So I am excited to write this post today because after mentioning a few times in past posts about signing up for online dating and actually finding someone that may quite possibly be "the one", I have gotten such amazing feedback from you readers! I cannot thank you all enough for all your kind words. So this romance was kind of a whirlwind for he and I both. We were both very skeptical with what online dating had to offer and after our fair share of "weirdos" we were both cautious at first. What had started out as messaging each other on the site turned into long paragraphs worth of emails to daily texts/calls/FaceTime's. It's only been about two weeks, but it feels like I have known him forever, and trust me I know that sounds super cliche, but this feeling is anything but. 

Every super cliche thing occurs when I think/talk/text him, anytime I hear the buzz of my phone and see his name come up my heart smiles and I instantly have this grin plastered on my face. People at work have started to notice me on my phone a lot more, obviously not while with patients, but during downtime and have started asking many questions. Although I don't want to fill them in quite yet, I know when the time comes, I will. I have talked to my mom about him and even went as far as saying that I could potentially see myself marrying him! That's crazy to even think that after 2 weeks I can feel such strong feelings towards a person, but that's what he does to me. I've absolutely NEVER felt this way before, sure I've fell head over heels over other guys, but none that make me feel like I'm literally the only girl in the world. 

The funniest part about this all is that my cousin aka other half has already met him! It just so happened that he was in Vegas for a bachelor party and my cousin was in Vegas for a work thing and after him saying "I should buy her a drink and get some brownie points" and her saying "Yes, I wanna meet him" they met up and hung out. After getting the full report from my cousin, she couldn't say enough good things about him and I know coming from her that's huge. It only reassured my feelings for him after hearing her say that. The best part was when I thanked him for meeting up with her and he said "No need to thank me, I wanted to do that" I mean does it get any better than that?!

After two weeks of some intense conversations, even while he was in Vegas, I have learned so much about him and vice versa. We both come from similar backgrounds {which is the politically correct way of saying, we are from the same religion, and our parents were from the same village in India, ironically enough}. It also seems like we both want the same things in life, he is such a positive person and really pushes me to be better in my own life. He accepts me for me, flaws and all and I hope this is just the beginning to something wonderful. 

I didn't mean for this post to get swept up like that, but these emotions and feelings I'm having are just out of this world. So hopefully that catches the readers who were curious about where things were going with this guy up. It is still hard that he lives on the east coast and I'm in Chicago, but I know that if we both want this to work we will find a way to see each other. Any advice for making long distance relationships last are very welcome, along with any general advice you coupled up and married bloggers have! After having a bit of a dry spell with guys, it feels amazing to feel this way and I hope it only goes up from here. I'm sure I will post more updates about this relationship, but as far as the dating stories from the dating site, well those are done. I actually deleted my profile from Plenty of Fish because I want to focus on this relationship, plus the weird and creepy messages were just getting to be too much. Best advice for online dating, FILTER like crazy and take your time in finding the right guy for you. 

If you read through all the mush & gush, just know that I love you {yes there is more mush in me}. Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. So exciting!! The beginning stages of a relatoinship are always SO fun! You know it's real when the giddy stage never really ends ;) Don't let long distance scare you, it's totally doable as long as both people are committed to making it work. My bf and I were long distance the first 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! I'm currently in the online dating world, and I hear you about the FILTERING! There's so many weirdos out there, but hearing all this makes me feel more optimistic. So thanks!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh so exciting! This was too sweet and fun to read!

    I felt like everything was super cliche when things first started with my H. Can't wait to read more about this amazing fella for you!

    ReplyDelete