Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thankgiving

Happy Thanksgiving friends!! This year has been a roller coaster and definitely have a lot to be thankful for. I have amazing family and friends, a new guy who is possibly my soul mate, my health, a job, etc. A lot of people are less fortunate and I know everyday to be thankful for all the wonderful things I have in life. So as you all enjoy your Thanksgiving meals with your loved ones, remember the less fortunate. 

Yesterday was a pretty scary day for me, I am glad I am here unscathed. I got into a car accident yesterday {my fault unfortunately}. I looked away for .5 seconds {not at my phone or distracted by the radio, but just looked to the side} and the girl in front of me who didn't have her brakes pressed .5 seconds ago, now had her brakes pressed. I couldn't stop in enough time and hit into her. My car got the grunt end of the hit while hers walked away with only minor scratches. This was the first car accident I had ever been in and it was the scariest thing ever. Everything that you learn you are supposed to do just left my head and all I could think about was why, what did I do to deserve this today. I was just leaving the airport from dropping off one of my best friends and her boyfriend and I was headed to the gym to have a nice pre-turkey day workout. My life changed in those .5 seconds. 

Luckily, the other driver was really kind and worried about my car. Once we called the local police and they arrived we replayed the accident for the cops and just a mere hour later, I was sent on my way, one ticket and broken car later. I was lucky enough to be able to drive the car all the way home {at a steady 30 mph, sorry to all the drivers behind me}. I had talked to both my parents and sister about the situation as I was shaking {still} and felt nauseous the entire car ride home. My one saving grace was when I was talking to the boyfriend, he was able to calm me down and get me to relax from 700+ miles away. He talked to me the entire way home and made me laugh and smile through my tears. I cannot begin to thank god not only for me leaving the accident unharmed, but for such an amazing individual to enter my life. 

My car :/


Car I hit

The only thing I realized after the accident when I got home was how badly my back and lower neck was aching, which is common with car accidents. I took a much needed hot shower and took a small nap with my heating pad afterwards. My friends were really amazing afterwards too, they knew I needed a nice tall glass of wine to make my day better and they took me out for Black Wednesday and it was just what the doctor ordered {really, my bf N told me to go out and get a drink and he's a MD so I can't go against doctors orders}. Let me tell you, that glass of wine went a LONG way that night. I had a blast hanging out with my best friends and glad they were able to be there for me to laugh and enjoy life.

Now it's Thanksgiving day and let me tell you, this will definitely be a memorial one, maybe not for the greatest reasons, but again I have a lot this year to be thankful for. Can't wait to eat our un-thanksgiving day dinner {Mexican lasagna and enchiladas} with my amazing family, hope everyone has an amazing, thankful day. 

Also, let's not all go crazy with the black Friday shopping, who am I kidding, if I wasn't working I would be one of the crazy people out there grabbing the last hot item on the shelf! 


Gobble gobble lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment