Thursday, February 14, 2013

Oh Hey It's Valentine's Day {& A Vlog}

Happy Valentine's Day lovebugs! I am glad this day is finally upon us so it can be over and done with sooner. I'll admit I hate being single during Valentine's day, but that's just how it's been for me lately. I know I have a guy, but with his busy schedule all the time, it hardly feels like anything more than two friends talking. Therefore, I consider myself single, yet again. It really blows to be alone, but thank god for my friends. My best friend aka partner in crime is also single with me and our other friend, who is engaged, has a fiance currently out of the country, so that means there are 3 people invited to this singleton party. I did get together with my girls and exchange v-day gifts and bake yummy goodies for us to devour which was so much fun! 

Death by chocolate & red velvet cake {or by its more fitting name, Diabetes cake}

If you want to make the above {and achieve Diabetes status}, you bake a red velvet cake {from the box, making it from scratch, ain't nobody got time fo that}. Blend a package of Oreos up in a food processor and add cream cheese until smooth. Layer the Oreo on top of the red velvet cake. Melt chocolate baking chips using a double boiler and when smooth, spread on top of the Oreos. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and put in the fridge for 20-30 mins. Then enjoy your state of diabetic shock after devouring this yummy goodness!

Now onto the real reason why I'm here today! I mentioned in yesterday's post that I filmed yet another vlog a few days ago showing you guys how to achieve a romantic and smokey eye using the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. I swear this is such an easy look to master and you can get creative and change up this look to match your style. Below the video I will post what brushes I used and a brief synopsis of what I did in the video.


Step-by-step:

{1} Used UD eye primer potion on lids (basically anywhere you are applying eyeshadow)

{2} Using the ecotools eye shading brush, apply Tease along the crease of your lid. This is a transition color so don't worry about applying a little too much focusing on the outer part of the crease.

{3} Using the e.l.f. eyeshadow "c" brush, apply YDK on the inner and outer lid, leaving the middle blank.

{4} Using the same brush, apply Verve to the middle section of the lid.

{5} Next, using the UD full-shadow brush (one that comes with the palette), mix Busted and Blackout together and apply deep in the crease or corner of the eyelid. Be careful not to get too much of the Blackout on the brush because it is highly pigmented. You can apply more and build to the smokey effect as you see fitting.

{6} Using the Soho smudge brush, blend the colors (Busted and Blackout) into the rest of the look to create a more seamless appearance. 

{7} Using the ecotools shadow brush, apply Foxy to the brow bone to use as a highlight. 

{8} Apply UD 24/7 Glide-On eye pencil (in Zero) to the bottom eye line. Using the flat side of the UD shadow brush, apply Blackout as a top liner.

{9} Top the look off with Loreal's voluminous million lashes mascara.


This will be the final outlook of the tutorial. By the way, those are my real lashes with the Loreal mascara on, I got blessed {and cursed sometimes} with long lashes. 

Here is some of my commentary during the vlog, 

-I fudged up quite a few times during the video and I think they were pretty obvious, but I didn't want to redo the vlog and I haven't gotten good at editing.

-I really should have put on some chapstick before to fix those nasty chapped lips.

-I need to work on my lighting skills, I lack.

-I had no real mirror to look in, the webcam on my laptop acted as the mirror, hence why you see me looking at that and not out at your pretty faces.

-Putting on the top liner without a mirror was haaaaaaaaaard!

-Sorry you all had to get up close and personal with my eyeball while I applied the eye liner.


What did you guys think of this vlog?
If any of you try out this look, snap a pic and send it on over, I'd love to see how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions/comments/suggestions/concerns, leave them in the comments below or email me! 

Hope all of you have an awesome Valentine's Day,
love

No comments:

Post a Comment