Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Thoughts & Prayers...

I had every intention of coming at you guys with a recap of Oscar fashion and who I loved and who just missed the memo. Instead, I feel drained. I am hurting inside and just can't seem to wrap my head around things that happen in this world. Last September I wrote about my uncle {mom's brother} and how he wasn't doing so great, health wise. He had been in and out of the hospital because of kidney failure. He has been on dialysis for a year and slowly things just kept declining for him. A couple of weeks ago, because of very frequent seizures, he ended up back in the hospital and in a hypothermia induced coma. The doctors were trying to prevent any further brain damage that the seizures were causing, but they took him out of it after a few days.  He was then put into a medically induced coma which he was later taken off of and we are at the point where he has been taken out of the coma, but hasn't woken up. This weighs heavy on my heart because he is in his young 50's and has two children who adore him. I cannot even fathom to think what will happen to our family if he passes and cry each and every time I think of the possibility. 

This was him in September 2012

I decided to include a picture of him recently that his daughter sent me, I cry every single time I look at this picture because I hate that he is in suffrage and pray he just wakes up.

 Be warned, this is a patient in the intensive care unit and many wires and tubes are involved...


My uncle lived with us when I was a baby and I remember vivid memories of him around, going through pictures from those times has been tough, but I remember all the great times shared with him. In April, for my cousins wedding, I was supposed to see him again {he lives in Orlando}, but with all that has been going on, I don't think that will be a possibility. 




I am forever staying hopeful at the fact that he will wake up and we will see him again soon, but the outcomes are weary.

I would appreciate it so much if all of you kept my uncle and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

p.s. I may be MIA from the blog world for a little while, but I will announce the winner of my giveaway on Friday.

Much love...

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Nikki, I'm thinking of you and your family. I hope he wakes up soon for you all to see him, and that his health improves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry love... my prayers are with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry sweet girl. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so sorry love. I'll be thinking good thoughts & sending them your way! Hang in there- you've got my number if you ever need to text it out! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete