Thursday, October 18, 2012

Dating Site No-No's

Hey guys! So, I recently decided to just take the plunge and join a dating site. I never in a million years thought I would be doing this {even though I slightly dabbled in it late last year}. I was just in the mood to let loose and find a guy in an unconventional way, and what is more unconventional than a dating site? So, after reading about Amber and how she met her beau, I figured Plenty of Fish was the perfect site for me. It is free to use {which is plus points for someone not looking to really commit to spending $$} and it has some pretty good filters as well. Now I am not in any way getting paid or forced to talk about this site, I am sure there are plenty of other sites out there that are just as great, but as far as free ones go, this one is a winner in my book. 

I know taking the plunge and creating a profile is a tough thing to swallow, especially for a girl, but once you get over that initial step, all you have to do is sit back and take your pick or reject someone. Well the biggest thing I have noticed in my small quest is the pictures these guys put up. Honestly, I sometimes wonder what some of them were thinking. Don't they want a girl to take them seriously. I am a visual learner, so when I see a picture of a guy and I am not instantly attracted in some sort of way, I will skip it. Now if the picture intrigues me a little bit, I may look at some more pictures and even read the profile to make up my mind. Not to sound shallow or anything, but looks matter to some degree. 

So far, I have seen some pretty interesting pictures these guys put up. Here are the sure fire ways to guarantee I skip through your page just solely based on the picture provided. These are some of my thoughts as I scroll through my "matches":

{} You are posing like a wanna-be model.
{} If it looks like you have on any sort of makeup, or your eyebrows look better than mine.
{} The worn out Myspace bathroom picture, are you a girl?
{} The duck face, REALLY? Please refer to the above.
{} If your shirt is off, hell if it looks like you're not wearing pants, please go and put some on.
{} A super blurry, super far away picture with your sunglasses and hat on, what are you hiding?
{} Posing like your the leader of the Chicago mob, no thanks.
{} Is this guy really posing with a bottle of Hennessy and hundreds, who are you Ja Rule?!
{} A picture of a male celebrity, are we even going there, you must just hate the way you look.
{} I think you should crop that girl who your kissing in that picture, or how about we get rid of it altogether.

This is just a minor glimpse into what went on in my mind while scrolling through some of these guys' pictures. I definitely clicked on more pictures and read profiles of ones that intrigued me and even got the balls to message a guy I thought I would click with. Hey, what's life without some chances right. Well, I just had to post about this and hopefully you got a little kick out of it. If you have tried online dating, what are your tips about it, pros & cons? Leave them in the comments below so other bloggers can read as well! If you are thinking about trying out online dating, I say go for it. You really have nothing to lose and it might just be a great way to meet someone.

Toodles lovebugs!

**Again, I did NOT get asked to talk about Plenty of Fish, these are my honest opinions!

3 comments:

  1. Haha this post is funny, I love it!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I almost want to join for the laughs! Good luck Nikki, you are a beautiful girl, accept nothing but the best! have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this post :) Um, we need to keep in touch with each other on this whole online dating thing so we can trade stories! Hopefully we'll get some good stories! Loving this post for all your funny thoughts too. I'm going to have to bit the bullet and just do it. Like you said, I'm having a hard time doing it but I think I should. Again, like you said, what do I have to loose?!

    ReplyDelete