Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dating Stories From Yours Truly

Hey kids! So last week I posted about dating site no-no's {you can read about it here}, well I had fun writing it and since in such a short time I have gotten to really "experience" online dating, I thought I'd fill you all in about what I've discovered so far. 

>>Really make sure you filter to your expectations, because clicking on a seemingly great guy who doesn't meet one of your "list-worthy standards" is really disappointing, especially if it's a biggie.



>>Be careful who you message, some guys are only on here for one thing and one thing only, it's gross really, but don't just message every single guy back. For me, the guys who message saying "Hey baby, how you doin'?" is NOT getting any response from me {unless he's Joey Tribbiani}. 



>>I got gutsy and liked what I read on a guy's profile and liked the pictures, so I just went ahead and sent a message. Nothing lengthy, just something simple and he actually responded. I was pretty shocked because he is REALLY good looking, close to model good looking, but he was really down to earth as well. We chatted for a little while and he even suggested we meet up sometime. I think it would be fun, but at the same time I don't think I will go. I don't really see a relationship between us, plus he is just way too gorgeous for me! 



>>You have to get through a lot of frogs to find the "prince" or what may seem to be your "prince". I'm still at the frogs, probably too early to find my prince. 



>>Learn from my mistake, if you are really feeling a guy who you are connecting with, make sure he wants the same things in life {you can get a pretty good idea from the profile, if they didn't lie} and for me religion plays a huge part in who I pick to talk to or not. I'm not excluding people based on that, but in the long run, I know what works for me and I am trying to stick to it. I was talking to a guy who I really thought was nice and we seemed to be hitting it off, but I found out way too quickly {good in my case} that there were just too many red flags. The religion thing was one thing, but the fact that he was constantly texting me {yes, I gave him my # because that's how comfortable I felt around him}, but having him text me when I was busy or out just got to be too much. I don't want clingy guys because I have my own life to live and I would assume the same for the guy I'm seeing. I felt really horrible about the way I did things, I just stopped responding to his texts or messages and I think he got the hint that I didn't want to talk to him anymore. I wish I could have done it a different way, but what's done is done.


>>My final realization, is go into dating sites with an open mind. You never know what you will find, even if it isn't in your city. Be open to talking to someone if you feel like you will connect with them, but stay away if they have things in their profile that turn you off. I've seen many guys' profiles state exactly what they are looking for and if you don't have those qualities, just don't bother knocking on that door. Other guys are rude by saying they don't like "heavy-set" women, well honestly that is just ignorant and you shouldn't put that on your profile, unless you wanted to come off as an ass, then it worked. 


**All images courtesy of Google.com**

Well, hope you guys had fun reading this post. I am still going to stick to this site for a little while longer to see what it has to offer. If you guys have any specific questions/suggestions, feel free to email me! 

Peace out girl scouts!

2 comments:

  1. I tried online dating before... I didn't have much luck with it, but sometimes I think of giving it another shot. I'm way too busy to meet guys the old-fashioned way! Thanks for the insight. I would love to read more about your adventures in dating! So glad I'm following your blog! It's nice to meet other singletons!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tried dating sites, way to be bold.
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete