Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Social {Week 19}

Happy Sunday! I'm most likely fighting off a nasty hangover today, I guess hanging with young college kids really makes me feel like a granny sometimes. Well today, I just had to join Ashley and Neely for Week 19 of Sunday social!!


Sunday Social

1. What is your favorite childhood book?
I was absolutely obsessed with The Babysitter's Club books. I still have a fairly decent collection of the BSC books and when I am feeling nostalgic, I definitely go back to reading the books. Do we all remember the TV series they had, they can bring that back at any time! Of course I was crazy obsessed with the movie that came out in 1995 and have to go looking online for it to relieve those days. If you happen to have the movie just lying around and want to send it my way, please be my guest, I'd love you for life :)!!


2. What is your favorite book lately?
Lately, I haven't had much time to do any free reading so the last book I actually read is The Hunger Games. I haven't hopped on the 50 Shades wagon yet, but my friend is finishing up her hard copy and passing it my way, so I will have to read that soon. They just don't make books like they did in the 90's, we went from a club of friends babysitting to kids killing each other to survive, oh how the times have changed. If you have any must-reads, let me know though!

3. What is the book you wish you could live in?
I'm gonna be a dork and go with I wish I could live in the BSC books, I wish I had a group of friends that had our own babysitting service and all the fun shenanigans they had in the books. They also taught me a lot about life, crazy I know, but the struggles with friendships and life, it was happening in the books as I was reading it so I definitely related.

4. If you could be any character from a book, who would it be and why?
Since I clearly only read the Babysitters Club books, I guess I will go ahead and just pick one from this series. I feel like when I would read the books, I would mostly relate to Mary Anne Spier. I definitely had to wikipedia the book and go through all the characters to see which one I  was most like. While reading the character descriptions, I realized that the seven best friends were all a mold of a possible group of friends. You have the brassy tomboy, the arty girl, the nerd, the diabetic fashion model {what, doesn't everyone have a friend like this?!}, the Californian hippie, the African-American ballerina, and the shy girl. Which one were you most like?

via

5. What is your favorite book turned movie?
Ok I will change up my answers a bit since you are probably sick of hearing about BSC. I think after reading The Hunger Games and then watching the movie, I was so pleasantly surprised. I don't usually like books turned movies, but this one was so true to the intentions of the book and I really enjoyed that. I know after reading 50 Shades, even if I don't like it, I will definitely like the movie {as long as they don't cast K-Stew}.

6. What is your favorite magazine?
I love any beauty magazine. Currently I subscribe to Allure and that is so awesome for beauty tips and product information. I love reading up on new beauty products and tips and tricks from legit sources are always a plus! I also am a sucker for those gossip mags, so anything judging celebrities for being normal or not, I'm in!


Alright, if this post didn't bring you back to the glory days that were middle school, I don't know what to tell you. I did find a youtube link for the BSC movie, so I will go ahead and just watch that now :). If you want the link, just email me and I'll send it to you! 

Peace out girlies! 




2 comments:

  1. Ah i loved the babysitter's club, I also loved the Sweet Valley High books. Great answers! I totally agree on not wanting 50 shades to have anything to do with K. Stew lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved BSC! And I definitely agree, I can't keep up with college kids anymore! I have clearly turned old and boring.

    ReplyDelete