Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Home decor haul

So today I had night class and afterwards my mom told me about a sale going on at Garden Ridge (which for those who don't know is sort of a warehouse store that has a pretty great selection of home decor/misc items for pretty stinkin' cheap). So the sale was for 75% off regular price and I just couldn't pass up the chance to check out what they had. I had been looking to get some new frames and whatnot for my room anyway and figured I would see what they had. Well I walked in and had about 45 mins before they were closing to get through all their sale aisles, which were pretty messy, and since they weren't clearly marked I kept having to go to the scanner to see if it was truly on sale or not. Well all in all I found some pretty awesome stuff to add to my room and it all goes with the color scheme of my room perfectly! I actually think I may be going back tomorrow a bit earlier to get a little bit longer to shop since I need a better mirror for my room and did eye a couple today. So here is what I got today.



This first is a set of 3 shadow boxes in pink. The original price for it was $14.99 and I paid $3.74 for it! I have been on the hunt for these for such a long time because I have a plethora of things that need to be placed on shelves and these are going to be perfect!


This was originally $5.99 which isn't too bad to begin with, but I only paid $1.49 for it. I think this is cute. They had two more that said smile and laugh, but I just couldn't let myself get them because I already knew I didn't have much room to put all this stuff up.


This is probably my favorite things that I got today because it is a magnetic picture board, but I am in love with the pattern of it. It was the last one like it and it matches my closet curtain and body pillow patterns perfectly. For an original price of $19.99 I only paid $4.99 for this board. Also notice the cute red bow detail at the top, super cute!


This is probably my 2nd favorite item from today's purchases because I had been on the hunt for one of these big frame collages for a long time now and to find it in pink is awesome! I also love the pictures that are already in the frames, can I keep those in there or is it necessary to change them to people I actually know?! Well anyway this gorgeous 8 frame collage is originally priced at only $12.99, but I only paid $3.24.


This was my final purchase and I couldn't pass this one up. I think this was adorable and it's actually not even for me. One of my best friends is a teacher and she is actually getting her own classroom after a year of sharing one with another teacher so she needs to start decorating her  room with personal items and her two favorite things are the color green and books so this could not be more perfect and the original price-tag on this was $4.99 but it was marked down to $1.24 so I for sure could not let this one go. 

I think this is one of the few times I have been kind to my wallet, paying close to $16 or so with tax for 5 high quality home goods items. It is refreshing to know there are places like Garden Ridge that still offer great items for the home including some pretty cool artwork, frames, wall scones, candle holders, luggage, etc at very affordable prices. If there is a Garden Ridge near by you I highly recommend checking them out because even without their sales they have very affordable prices, and for those medical professionals who need scrubs they even sell affordable scrubs in so many different colors, sizes, varieties! 


I was not compensated by Garden Ridge or any affiliates for this post, all opinions are my own!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. I like this concept. I
    visited your blog for the first time and just been your fan. Keep posting as I am gonna come to read it everyday.

    ReplyDelete