Friday, June 22, 2012

Nail Files {6/22/12}

Happy Friday everyone! Today I am excited to do my 3rd week of the link up Nail Files with {Vicki} and {Tara}!! I went to f21 and went pretty crazy and bought like 7 different polishes, but at $2.80 can you really feel bad. I sure didn't. Since I was home today I decided to really spend some time on my nails, really cleaning them up, doing the whole cuticle thing, and even learned some cool tricks {thanks to pinterest}. Nothing real fancy just a way to quick dry your nails and I'd say it works pretty well, not perfect, but it'll do until I go to Target and buy this little guy: 


It's supposed to dry your nails within 1-2 mins and it's top coat is anti-chip! Once I get it I will make sure to do a review on it. The trick I learned is after painting your nails to submerge them in ice cold water for a minute or two. Maybe you knew about it, maybe not, try it I think it worked pretty well!! Well anywho, onto my nails...



The Nail Files
So this week I went a little bit darker, but it's still bright enough for summer. I used f21's love & beauty in purple.



I thought it was too plain and boring with just the purple so I did a little bling bling sparkle on my ring finger again with f21's love & beauty in purple/multi sparkle. I'm not sure why in the picture it is coming up on the blue side, but it really is a vibrant purple. I took about 30 pictures and it kept coming up blue-ish so I just said forget it and went with the best pic out of them all. 

What color are you guys wearing this week? Link up!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

12 comments:

  1. Love adding a little glitter to my mani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it adds a little pep to the nails! Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. I look forward to your review on the top coat! Maintaining nails is such a pain sometimes.

    http://theaustinfamilydiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I can never seem to keep still after painting my nails, but I will definitely get a review up. Thanks for your comment!!

      Delete
  3. glitter makes every mani better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bright blue is really pretty! And I need to buy a glitter polish, like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this glitter is great by love & beauty and only $2.80. Also the Sally Hansen gem collection is great! Thanks for commenting!!

      Delete
  5. Love it! That looks so cute :) Have a great weekend, dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you have a fantastic weekend as well!!

      Delete
  6. Pretty color! I just bought Insta dry this past week myself. It doesnt completely dry them in a minute it just makes them dry to the touch. My manicure has held up great with it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, I just actually bought it last night and put it on over this color mainly for the no chip action, but it's pretty good with the drying. Thanks for commenting!!

      Delete