Saturday, June 30, 2012

June Beauty Favorites

Hey everyone! Hope everyone's weekends are going fantastic! Since it is the last day of the month I figured I would do my beauty favorites of the month. Along with some awesome beauty finds, I have some misc items in the mix as well, so here they are! 


So first is a hair product that I use almost everyday and I absolutely love! 


It's from TRESemme and it's the salon silk no frizz serum. I use a couple pumps everyday for silky, shiny looking hair. This stuff is great and really affordable. My big draw to this product was the argan oil in it. This product is only $3.99 at Target and that's an awesome deal compared to other brands with the same type of product.

Next up is another hair product that I discovered and am loving so far. This I don't use everyday, but if I am going out I will use it. 

So this is John Frieda full repair touch-up flyaway tamer. If you aren't sure what a flyaway is, those tiny hairs that stick up after you style your hair (typically at the top by your roots), those are flyaways. They are somehow so darn stubborn and with this product (which has a mascara brush) I found them to be minimized. Now they don't all go away forever, but they do help tame them and add a little shine to that area without making it greasy. I found this product at Ulta for about $8.99 so it's not too bad and it's a pretty big bottle for the price!

Next are some face wipes that I found to be the best working ones so far. They are from Neutrogena and they promise to take off even the stubborn waterproof eye makeup, which it truly does do!

not sure why it isn't rotating :(
So these makeup remover towelettes are super duty and like I mentioned above, they take off even the stubborn waterproof makeup. It is gentle on your skin and doesn't dry it out either. Great product and I used a $2 off coupon and scored this for less than $5 at Target!!

The next product I had for a few months, but really didn't start using it til this month, so that's why I'm including it. 

I got this from a recommendation by the lady who works at my Ulta to use as a makeup brush cleaner. It's made by Philosophy and it's the purity made simple one-step facial cleanser. This product is really great for cleaning brushes and you don't need to use a big amount to get the gunk off your brushes either. This is the travel size I got for $10 at Ulta and it has lasted me quite some time already. I occasionally use it on my face and it is really gentle, my only issue is the smell, I'm not loving it, but for a brush cleaner I don't mind it.

So another face product I've had for a long time, but haven't used in a while is made from Avon.

As you see in the lovely picture above, I showed you the product on my face, and it applies super thick and I only needed one coat. So the name is True Pore-Fection skin refining mask by Avon Solutions and since I got it a long time ago, they unfortunately don't sell it online anymore, but they do have similar products which I am sure work just as effectively. This is again super affordable and this particular one is used for oily skin (which I tend to have especially in the summatime). Once it dries it creates a crackle effect on your face and then you know to take it off and you literally feel like you got a professional facial afterwards. 

The final face product I have for you guys is Freeman feeling beautiful pink grapefruit facial scrub. 

Walmart sells these little guys for less than $2 and they come in a variety of scents. They are actually good for a few uses because the quantity in the packet is quite a bit. I particularly like the pink grapefruit because of the smell and because of summer it is a great summertime scent. They have some other great ones like chocolate/strawberry, creamy apricot, and mint/lemon to name a few. You should definitely try a few of these out and find your favorite!

The next item is one of those misc items. I got this for my mom for her birthday because she loves candles and I am so in love with the smell I had to get one for myself.

It's a natural soy candle in coconut creme and it smells so good I could burn this scent all the time. This candle is fairly lightweight and super affordable, I think I got it from TJ Maxx or HomeGoods for $4-$5!! My mom is also in love with this smell it is reminiscent of the beach and that is always a great smell!

The final product for my beauty/misc favorite is my journal that I got from Target earlier this month.

I was looking for a new journal since my last one was nearing the end and I knew I didn't want to spend a small fortune either. Target had so many cute ones to choose from, some more expensive than others, and then I came across this gem which I believe was only $2.99 or something. It is plain and simple with an adorable quote on the cover that reads "She's a dreamer, a doer, a thinker, she sees possibility everywhere." I also love that it is environmentally friendly being printed with soy ink. Even writing on the paper is so smooth I just love it.

What are some of your favorite items (beauty or otherwise) for the month of June?
Post your comments below!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. Love that journal and all of your reviews! i'll have to try that John Fredia stuff for fly aways- mine are awful! Purity is my favorite face wash BUT it does take a bit to get used to the scent. Hope you're having a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of using purity as a brush cleaner. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love the neutrogena wipes!

    Check out my favorites at
    http://beautybybrittney02.blogspot.ca/2012/06/june-2012-favorites-time-for-summer.html

    ReplyDelete